Splashwell drain hole tubes

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
A while back I cam across a thread where a guy has found new tubes that you install in the splashwell holes....and then there is a tool to roll the edge over and make it waterproof.....anyone know a source??

thanks

bob

jbcurt00

Staff member
Iboats has them and the moeller flange tool.

They have the tin boat bilge drain tubes too

smacd11

Seaman
I used a ball peen hammer, look at my thread post #58 for pics of the end result. Might save you some money.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeap 1" is the standard size drain tube. Make your own flange tool and be sure to get 3 drain tubes just in case.

flaring_tool_240.gif

Decker83

Commander
I bought the moeller flange tool and the drain tube here on i-boats.. It worked great for me..
The instructions tell you to put the curved flange facing each other when creating the flange.. That did not work for me on the first time..
Had to turn the curved piece around so the flat side was against the already formed flange on the tube.. Then it worked great.. It was worth the money..

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
I bought the moeller flange tool and the drain tube here on i-boats.. It worked great for me..
The instructions tell you to put the curved flange facing each other when creating the flange.. That did not work for me on the first time..
Had to turn the curved piece around so the flat side was against the already formed flange on the tube.. Then it worked great.. It was worth the money..

Is there a video out there of this being done? Ive read these instructions a lot, but Im more of the visual learner. I have a feeling I will be tackling this job in the coming weeks.