1975 starcraft holiday 18' - help with hull serial number

Cbastuan

Seaman Apprentice
Hi everyone,
New to the board, just purchased a 1975 (or so I think) starcraft holiday.
I live in ontario, Canada and I need to liscense it since it has a motor over 10hp.
I found the hull identification number on the outside of the transom on the starboard side, I can make out most of the digits except for a few (can't tell if they are "0" or "C") and was wondering of anyone out there could confirm if they think this is correct.
Here it goes.
The first 3 digits "STR" very easy to make out
The next 4 digits are all numbers, again very easy to make out.
I am having trouble with the last 5 digits.
It is either,
"0M75C" or
"CM75C"
I am wondering if anyone can confirm if starcraft used letters or numbers for the 7th and 12th digit?
I am thinking they used a letter for the 12th digit which would make it a "C" and a number for the 7th digit which would make it an "0"?
Could anyone out there with a starcraft holiday confirm if this is how their hull serial numbes work?
Thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard,

Plug the two possibilities into to this HIN decoder. Both your combinations work by making up 4 numbers after STR. http://hindecoder.com/

Did you get any paperwork with the boat, like old regos?

Cbastuan

Seaman Apprentice
Hi,
Nope, the person I purchased it from never bothered liscensing the boat and getting proper hull numbers cause he only used it on a small inland lake.
Yes both combinations do work.
Can anyone confirm if starcraft hin numbers use a letter or a number for the eight digit?

I suppose I should ask if anyone knows of any other location on the boat to look for the hull serial number?

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral
Welcome to the Canuck side of the starmada. I will take a look at the hin on my holiday as soon as the sun comes up. It's a 76