Starcraft Garage B&S. (boat and other stuff to talk about)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You keep doin' that and Sgt. Preston will be lookin' for you. LOL

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
So on top off needing a new hvac....yesterday I was told someone was coming to look at the house today. Had to work yesterday "evening" that turned into 0545 this morning. well the new puppy didnt make it that long in the kennel and the wife and kids are out of town (other wise she has been fine kennel training). SO I came home to a puppy poop filled kennel ( scattered in and out of it) and a stinky house that was spotless when I went to work. Yay. puppy bath and cleaning time before a nap and then out the door for someone to hopefully want to buy this house. cant blame the girl though. I came home expecting this to be the scenario.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah to the point the age becomes unresponsive and has to be killed. Take a look at this screen shot of what I got when I tried to reply to your post. 3rd try at posting this as the page crashes...

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral
In England, this would be called a Bitsa. You know... bitsa this and bitsa that. I really like the concept of making things work where they were never intended to be doing what they were never intended to do.

Ron.

Thanks a bunch for the idea Ron, :D:D

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
That is great, Dozer!

Have you watched any of the "coldwarmotors" YouTube channel? They're in Alberta and pull 50-60 year old cars out of fields and get them running, usually with the existing drive train. And they're hilarious if you like old cars and frugal Canadian gearheads.

GA_Boater

bitsa.PNG

That is a great plate, Dozer. :thumb:

Did you check tailgate opening functionality before welding up the bumper? :rolleyes:

dozerII

Admiral
That is cool! I love it!

Thanks tns

Finest kind! I like that a lot.

Ron

Thanks again for the idea Ron

That is great, Dozer!

Have you watched any of the "coldwarmotors" YouTube channel? They're in Alberta and pull 50-60 year old cars out of fields and get them running, usually with the existing drive train. And they're hilarious if you like old cars and frugal Canadian gearheads.

Thanks Chem, I have not seen the mentioned youtube channel but I will check it out.

That is a great plate, Dozer. :thumb:

Did you check tailgate opening functionality before welding up the bumper? :rolleyes:

Thanks GA, ya the tail gate only opens about 4 inches but that's okay the floor of the box is the same height as the bumper.

dozerII

Admiral
This one is for GA, this kinda feel in my lap the other day, figured you would get a kick out of it. Just going to flip this one if the Admiral will let it go.:facepalm:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Whoa that's a gnarly old truck that's had a hard life of work. The admiral huh? :lol:

GA_Boater

I do like the old COE's. A runner?

dental.PNG

This one needs a trip to the dentist and a new gas cap. LOL

She would make a good boat hauler. :rolleyes:

dozerII

Admiral
Whoa that's a gnarly old truck that's had a hard life of work. The admiral huh? :lol:

Yup the admiral

I do like the old COE's. A runner?

This one needs a trip to the dentist and a new gas cap. LOL

She would make a good boat hauler. :rolleyes:

Nope motors locked up, the Admiral saw a 5.9 Cummins power one on the interweb towing a fifth wheel.:D

GA_Boater

I think you have approval from the Admiral - 75% of the build is in the bag! LOL

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
The vehicle in post 67 has a Cummins 4BTA 3.9. It is the same basic engine as the 6 used in the early Dodge trucks but came out of a timberjack skidder. Lots of parts interchange and it weighs 200 pounds less. Lots of guys who redo old power wagons have used this engine, and it was pretty common in boats where it could get around 250 HP. It took some thinking to get in and tractable, since it is a 2800 rpm engine, but will do 70MPH loafing at 1800 RPM at max engine torque in 5th high range, and 3 MPH at max engine torque in first low range. I haven't been visited the site for a while, but there was an entire interweb forum devoted to conversions.

Ron