Starcraft Garage B&S. (boat and other stuff to talk about)

Decker83

Commander
That is one crazy cool air filter you have.. That just blew me away when I saw the pic..:thumb:

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Coming along great Glen you'll be cruising in no time.

dozerII

Admiral
I like that keg o filter!

At least with our boats you don't risk tetanus :lol:

Thanks Rob, I don't know about the tetanus thing there are a lot of rusty mandrels in there old tinnies:rolleyes:

You got beer kegs coming and going. :D I hope the inspector drinks Falstaff! LOL

He better look at her on the 26th or you will re-purpose more things from the garage and neighbors trash. :eek: Maybe you should cover the RRR with a tarp until he shows and work on In The Red's trailer. :rolleyes:

Still have too many things to get done to work on the trailer:facepalm: gotta get the compressor and air tank system installed for the air ride.

That is one crazy cool air filter you have.. That just blew me away when I saw the pic..:thumb:

Thanks Decker

Coming along great Glen you'll be cruising in no time.

Thanks John

InMotion

Commander
wozers man!!! Lovin' that!!! Funny how a rat rod appeals to kids and the kid at heart.... nice work.

Jim

dozerII

Admiral
Well Tuesday is the big day, been waiting almost two months for the Gooberment man to get his poop in a group. I have to tow the RR up to the city for a Saskatchewan Vehicle inspection:rolleyes: Been over her with a fine tooth comb, absolutley no reason for her not to pass. :facepalm:

Have had a chance to play with some more aluminum though just to keep me tuned to tin:D

So we have instruments.

Air ride control front and rear.

Onboard air tank and compressor

Kick panels, and lower door panels

And my favorite pic so far.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Need a close up of the hood ornament, Glen. Looks like a Hoochie-Goochie girl. :D

Yeppers - That is a cool head on shot. :thumb:

dozerII

Admiral
Thanks GAB.

Here ya go, she is off a 37 Nash, had some base damage so I got her for $20 instead of $300:eek:

Last edited:

Decker83

Commander
Good luck with the gooberment on Tuesday..:encouragement:
You have made some great changes for her.. Awesome job..:rockon:

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
In England, this would be called a Bitsa. You know... bitsa this and bitsa that. I really like the concept of making things work where they were never intended to be doing what they were never intended to do.

Ron.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Super nice work Glen, makes me want to build a rat too.

dozerII

Admiral
Good luck with the gooberment on Tuesday..:encouragement:
You have made some great changes for her.. Awesome job..:rockon:

Thanks Decker

In England, this would be called a Bitsa. You know... bitsa this and bitsa that. I really like the concept of making things work where they were never intended to be doing what they were never intended to do.

Thanks Ron, that's why I built it something from nothing, You might have a good name for her there. It'A Bitsa

Ron.

Super nice work Glen, makes me want to build a rat too.

Thanks Rob, there ya go a tow vehicle for your S/C

dozerII

Admiral
Time for an update. The inspection went!!. But I'm not able to drive it yet. In a battle with the gooberment guys over the rod ends (him joints) holding my front end in. They say there not strong enough with a radial load rating of 28800 lbs per Sq inch !! Plus I had a list of silly things they wanted.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I'm sure you can get them to see things your way Glen after witnessing first hand how you got those border guards to bend to your will. :lol:

Hey here's some BS and other stuff for you guys. So yesterday I took the Chief out for a nice 60 mile cruise that went flawlessly. As we were cruising back down stream about 25 miles from the launch I was dodging flotsam in the river, you know the normal branches, mylar balloons and such when I see a huge log. I avoided it off the port side and didn't pay much attention when the admiral says "what the heck was that" in an excited voice. I said oh it was a log wasn't it? The admiral says uh no it wasn't so I turn around and go back for a closer look. Here's what we saw...

Yeah a 10 foot dead sturgeon that probably weighed in around 300 Lbs...

IMAG2274.jpg

GA_Boater

Time for an update. The inspection went!!. But I'm not able to drive it yet. In a battle with the gooberment guys over the rod ends (him joints) holding my front end in. They say there not strong enough with a radial load rating of 28800 lbs per Sq inch !! Plus I had a list of silly things they wanted.

You didn't put a fresh air cleaner keg on, did you? Or did you offer up a cold one? :doh:

How did they determine the load rating of the heim joint? Scratch building opens a lot of doors for a builder and unfortunately, the inspectors. :blue: Will it take months to get reinspected?

WM - I hate seeing floaters of any kind - The sturgeon is a real loss. :sad:

dozerII

Admiral
You didn't put a fresh air cleaner keg on, did you? Or did you offer up a cold one? :doh:

How did they determine the load rating of the heim joint? Scratch building opens a lot of doors for a builder and unfortunately, the inspectors. :blue: Will it take months to get reinspected?

No Fresh Keg, or cold ones:D

There problem with the Heim joints isn't the strength it's the fact they are open the elements and the fact they don't absorb any shock loads.

GA_Boater

Canada better warn these guys using 8 heims in their off-road suspension kit.;

heims.PNG

Do you need to change to tie-rod ends to satisfy them?