Starcraft Garage B&S. (boat and other stuff to talk about)

dozerII

Admiral
:laugh: Might as well have breakfast that late/early. It was good. Most people I tell about hunting and eating ducks ask me " Aint it greasy?". Im not sure where that comes from but the way I cook and it eat them they taste better than steak! Smoked whole ducks is my second favorite. One of these days Ill try to make jerky from them. Ive had it once and it was good!

I haven't eaten duck or goose since I was a kid, but don't remember it being greasy.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
And on a completely different B&S subject.

craigslist.

There. I said it. :mad-new: :mad: :yell:

dozerII

Admiral
Awesome looking man... what's engine you've got there again?

Jim
Thanks Jim, The motor that is in it is a 1967 Chev 283 wore right out:rolleyes:, but I found a 1981 Chev 350 that runs great for cheap so thats what will go in it.

64osby

Admiral
Nice Rover. A 10 year project.:eek:

That should pull you tin boat with no issues.

I have a '62 IIa 88". Rear axle rusted out so it has been sitting, which is not good for it or me. A used axle seems to be hard to come by here in MI.

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
New England is full of them, lots of them just sitting out back due to rusted frames, so good as parts cars, plus some very fancy restorations that go for big bucks. Sort of like tin boats. If you check Craigslist in NE you might find something you can use, but it's a long drive. I am from Michigan originally.

Ron

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
Great looking Rover Ron, should have no problem towing your S/C

It would have no problem on the road, and I have used it to tow my Kubota tractor on a heavy trailer. Still, I will likely use another vehicle on a boat ramp. This thing has a lot of torque even at idle, has a manual transmission, is very light in the rear with its aluminium body and it has wide tires, so I have problems even in 4WD on slippery surfaces like wet grass. I just like the idea that my vehicle's body is held together by rivets, just like a SC.

Ron

jbcurt00

Staff member
Looks great Glen. You need to order some GlenCraft logos for the door jamb/sill plate

Any chance for a hidden reciever hitch for towing a lightweight tinny? :)

North Beach

Commander
No Title

You folks will have to bear with me! I'm still learning the new format here. My new wife Stephanie found this 60 Lincoln on CL a couple months ago. I feel some more green paint in the works. And a trailer hitch........

Attachments

• photo232546.jpg
    photo232546.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 0

jbcurt00

Staff member
You folks will have to bear with me! I'm still learning the new format here. My new wife Stephanie found this 60 Lincoln on CL a couple months ago. I feel some more green paint in the works. And a trailer hitch........

Awesome Lincoln and congrats on the Admiral. What's under the Lincoln's hood. Should be plenty of grunt. And not the W block, limited years 462 that was in my 66 Lincoln. :thumb:

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral
Great to see you back on the site NB. That's a pretty cool tow car you have there:cool:

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
20151018_152917_resized.jpg Did up two florida hog shoulders this past weekend. Started on the smoker for 5 hours but ran out of time and energy. Honestly just started way too late. So put them in the fridge and started again the next day. Also had a back strap but something wasnt right with the texture. Maybe freezer burned so that got tossed. It was from the neighbor so I think it just got ruined in transport and freezing. I threw the shoulders in the over the next day for a few more hours, then cut the meat from the bone and braised them till it fell apart. Turned out awesome pulled on some sliders with Sweet baby rays BBQ! 20151017_102217_resized.jpg
20151017_152222_resized.jpg
20151017_154500_resized.jpg
20151017_154447_resized.jpg

Last edited: