Another new owner!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh yeah nice score on the big AL tank! A guy can never have too much fuel on board. :thumb:

Mike(nj)

Seaman
Some more progress.....so far 10 55gal. bags of foam!! The boat must have dropped 500-600 lbs easy.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
id wager for that year, and hull, the gas tank was factory where you found it, in the size you have!!!!

earlier models of the islander used to have the tanks under the seat platforms you took down!

let me know if you are getting rid of any parts....especially that hinged splashwell door!! ha ha( I can dream, right?? ha ha)

GoldDuster360

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Man, that looks like real work, love that size boat and hull. Demo that Mariner shroud while you are at it, needs to be painted black and have a big Mercury decal on it:)

Mike(nj)

Seaman
id wager for that year, and hull, the gas tank was factory where you found it, in the size you have!!!!

earlier models of the islander used to have the tanks under the seat platforms you took down!

let me know if you are getting rid of any parts....especially that hinged splashwell door!! ha ha( I can dream, right?? ha ha)

In the future I will probably get rid of some parts as I figure out my final plan. Yeah, the splashwell door is staying for sure. Sorry.

Yes, this DEMO work does SUCK!!!

Aren't Mariner and Merc the same? Seems like its in nice shape for the year. Anyone know of an online manual for this engine. I noticed it was stuck in gear......found the nut came off the shift rod at the bottom/center of the motor. Put that back on and still in gear. Am I missing something?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Some Mercs and Mariners are similar, Mike. And some ain't. If you don't have a manual, Boatinfo.com has many manuals. You can't print complete manuals, but you can print pages if your memory is like mine.

Fourteen bags? How many mice skelatons? :eek:

jbcurt00

Staff member
I don't know Mariner motors well enough to know if it's the Merc version or not. Post a topic about your motor in the Mariner/Force forum. Be sure to post as much info as you can about it, esp serial# if you can find it.

There should be a manual available for it,

Mike(nj)

Seaman
Some Mercs and Mariners are similar, Mike. And some ain't. If you don't have a manual, Boatinfo.com has many manuals. You can't print complete manuals, but you can print pages if your memory is like mine.

Fourteen bags? How many mice skelatons? :eek:

Not 1 mouse found.......only saw 1 nest. I believe the engine is original to the boat so I'm guessing its a 1983 115hp but will get the vin# today and look into this.

I did find a few holes in the hull. :grumpy: Please tell me all is not lost....any links would help greatly. Thanks, guys

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hole pics, Mike? We can go from there on how to fix her up.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh man you really have a corrosion issue there with quite a bit of material ate up in the area surrounding the hole. Clean the area up real good and post another pic. It looks to me like a patch to cover the area would be a possibility.

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
Great looking project there! I'm going to follow along.

dozerII

Admiral
I'm with Watermann, that looks pretty bad, good clean up and then evaluate where your at on how to patch it.

Mike(nj)

Seaman
WOW, its been a while but a few things came up and put a hold on any work to the boat. Here are some more photo's of what I'm dealing with.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
You should probably post more pix detailing the corrosion. From that pix ^^^ it looks like there's a good bit of corrosion on the rib in the bottom right corner of the pix.