Help me to identify and repair my Starcraft Starchief V

Ironmonger

Cadet
Hi, guys. I am requesting permission to join the Starmada;) I have recently acquired what appears to be a late 60's StarCraft Starchief V......... for free, yep free. Eventually I would like to restore it but right now I just want to get it to the point of being able to use it safely n enjoy it a bit before winter comes. On top of that I have no idea what year it is and need help pinning that down as well. I know none of it's previous history so I am in the blind there. The dash needs redone, the outdrive is missing the lower section and the mid section is loose. The rams are missing. The carb and upper alt. bracket are disconnected. I have owned over 72 classics, cars, trucks, etc. including many early Nova's which had the straight six version of this what looks to be a Chevy four. Please bring me up to speed here, chime in, point me in directions, give advise, etc. I am open ears to a new avenue of classic fun in boats :) Give me a bit and I will load pix up, thanks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Welcome and looking forward to seeing some pix

Follow the Forum link in my signature below and you'll find pix posting help topic

jbcurt00

Staff member
Nice looking SC

You can post more then 1 pix per post, all at once via PBs IMG cod

Virtually every question you have has probably already been answered over in the Starcraft forum:
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owners-groups-by-manufacturer/s/starcraft-boats
You can leave your rebuild here in this forum, or ask a Mod to move it to the SC forum. Either location is fine, totally up to you.

Take a look at the topic near the top of the SC forum, its a complete list of all the SC builds here at iboats w links to them.

Might consider a more modern Merceuiser 4.3L V6 swap rather then working on the 4cyl.

Good luck and welcome again