Lost Rear Gunwale/Transom Cover Piece --- Passenger Side...

InMotion

Commander
Hey Fellas,

Ok... so went for a 32 mile ride last Friday with the whole crew. All went well.... Except that the dock hand at the restaurant tied the boat to tight to the dock.

As it turns out there was a bolt head right under the rear edge and it cleanly sheared the back left gunwale/transom cap off --- all we heard was a plop! There was 20+ feet of water.... so it was gone!

So I am looking for one now!

PM me if you have one that you are willing to part with....

Thanks guys!

Jim

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Rats! No pieces saved from the first Juniper I, Jim?

InMotion

Commander
Yah... I tore apart the garage and I can't find them!!! I have the bow nose piece... but not the back piece! Go figure....

J.

jbcurt00

Staff member
2nd topic today about lost corner caps, 4th or 5th in about 6wks..... maybe the corner caps are all hanging out w a dozen or so of my left hand work gloves and 1/2 of lots of pairs of my socks..

MichaelP still making them?

Rarely, but ebay has had them. Often its only a single side though

Good luck.

I'll keep an eye out for ya

dozerII

Admiral
That sucks Jim, just went out to the hanger I knew I had a spare one from and SS, but it is a starboard side.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah those caps are on ebay are urethane rather than AL but I'm not sure you'll find repop AL ones anywhere.

I've often thought about that happening to my Chief when docking at some of the taller docks. My SN has SS machine screws and nylocs holding on it's caps and I thought about drilling on through and doing the same with the ones on my Chief since those AL blind rivets will shear real easy as you found.

jbcurt00

Staff member
An aluminum/metal fab guy could probably weld up a decent set of 1/4" stock caps instead of cast caps if there's a local metal fab shop..........