v 26 americana

Ronlee

Recruit
i have a 1974 v 26 americana with twin 165 mercs. fuel isses. does any one have a diagram for the twin engine fuel system. I have a single tank with 1 suction line.

mr 88

Commander
Re: v 26 americana

I had the same setup on a 1973,100 gallon tank. What I did was ,one line off the tank to a canister fuel filter.The line out went to a T-ftg and the T lines went to each engine with a see through in-line filter in each one.I had no problems.You may be able to buy a canister fuel filter with two outlets,check NAPA/here/ebay etc. What is your exact fuel issue? Since they are Mercruiser 165s you might want to post up in the Mercruiser forum as the boat/hull has nothing to do with the drive-line in this instance.

Ronlee

Recruit

The engines drain back all of their fuel when sitting for 2-3 days. I am trying an electric marine fuel pump to prime them and then run off of the mechanical pumps. I have tried new carbs, new pumps new fuel lines and anitsiphon valve, and 2 new canister filters. But the sam eproblem. I even pulled the tank suction line and checked for cracks. I appreciate your idea. If 2 filters 1 to each engine is causing an issue I will change to 1 and give it a go.
Thanks
The boat is awesome. Stamas really builds a nice boat.

mr 88

Commander

Where did you install the "anti siphon valve" ? The check valve should be installed as close to the tank as possible.I never had a problem with gas being dumped back into the tank.I think if you had cracks in the tank pickup line it would suck air anytime you go below the crack and starve the engines.Try posting up on the Mercruiser forum and see what kind of answers you get there.