My 68 Springbok 14'

cdn1972

Seaman
I purchased this boat in the fall of 2012 after scrapping out my fiberglass 14' boat. Over the years I replaced the fittings in the glass boat so I stripped it prior to scrapping. The Springbok was close to the sizes so the teleflex steering replaced the original cable setup, my electric start merc 350 (35hp) and gauges also fit perfectly. I replaced the water logged ugly baby blue bench seats with storage space below and modern fishing folding seats. the fronts swivel and lock for comfort. I installed a sub floor between the front and back seats of 3/4 sealed and rugged ply so walking about is quiet and safe and flat. Replacing the lighting and adding the 55lb trolling motor was next. I removed and polished the windshield and painted the baby blue chalky faded blue with a medium blue metallic base clear for the top colour and rattle canned epoxy industrial white below the rails. It is a sweet little boat.
I can not verify if it is a 1968 but pictures on the net with the blue colour seem to state it is.

Attachments

• DSCN6286.jpg
    DSCN6286.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN5904.jpg
    DSCN5904.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 0

kfa4303

Banned
Re: My 68 Springbok 14'

coolio. she looks like a little space ship. '68 sounds about right based on the hull style too.

markk900

Seaman Apprentice
Love the job you did....did you have to etch prime the hull before painting? Or just a quick sand and epoxy paint?

cdn1972

Seaman
A quick sanding and white epoxy on the sides and base clear on the top. A quicky job but freshened it up.