My heart over ruled my head! Doh!

kbd635

Seaman Apprentice
hi Guys,
I need help!
I'm currently restoring a 16' LUND fibreglass, but since that's not going to get wet until next year now, I thought I'd try to get a boat which I can get in the water and fishing this year.
I went to see a 14' Springbok for sale with a 33 HP Johnson which actually starts, although I'll need to clean the carbs etc. since it hasn't actually ran for 5 years.
The Motor is a 1968, so I'm assuming that the boat is similar, although there is absolutely no ID plates on it. (No VIN, loading plate.... nothing!)
Stupidly, I bought it, but I DID get it for $500 CDN, so I'm not too upset....
What I'd really like is information on the model, year etc, perhaps even a catalog.
Does anyone know how I can get replacement ID, if at all?
Springbok2.jpg

Springbok1.jpg

Springbok3.jpg

I'd REALLY like some input on this one guys!
Kenny

Scovbert

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: My heart over ruled my head! Doh!

i believe if their are no identification numbers you can talk to your local dmv and they will get the local authorities to come and put a number on the boat...do you know when the last time it was registered? that could also help...anyway nice 33! i have a 66 33hp johnson. Seems like a good motor so far i got mine 2 weeks ago hadn't started in 7 years i put new plugs it fired right up 4 pulls...put a new water pump and it was ready to go.

markk900

Seaman Apprentice
Re: My heart over ruled my head! Doh!

Apparently you are in Canada - my experience is that no one will ever ask for or need the registration - I went through all the motions to "transfer ownership" and had to do nothing to prove ownership.....frankly, you could take a hand written bill of sale to the registration office and get a number (which you need since the motor is over 10hp)....so one will ever check or ask for the official plate.

Sweet looking boat/motor combo by the way!