Let's get this forum rolling!

copeina

Cadet
Here is a "before" shot of my 1961 Springbok:

Boat%2000.jpg

It had been sitting under a cabin near Kenora, Ontario for over 15 years. After polishing the hardware and rewiring the lights and switches, the bow deck was hand buffed leaving the scratches as badges of service. The sides were unworkable, so had to be repainted. 3 coats of satin finish white cleaned it up minty!

Here is an "in-progress" photo:

Boat%2001.jpg

I have a newer Mercury 20HP on it now, a more reasonably sized trailer, and it has been decalled up since this last shot, so once DW brings back my camera, I will post a completed "after" shot.

The windshield actually cleaned up nice, but we found it really got in the way when moving about the boat (and fishing). 6 bolts later, it popped off cleanly and is in safe storage in the garage. Likewise with the seat backs and any other original parts that I pulled off.

The only other thing I would change on it is to go with a smaller steering wheel.

Love my boat!
/Kris

cprince

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Let's get this forum rolling!

I know that it has been a while since you posted... but any chance that you could post your pics again? I am trying to redo my logo on my boat and would love to see a cleared picture of my faded logo!

Here is what I have done so far;

afterlogoyc2.jpg

This is the before shot;

p1010001xs0.jpg

Kind of lost on the "R" and the G to B transition. Can't find anything like it on the internet... any help would be appreciated.

wbeaton

Commander
Re: Let's get this forum rolling!

Here is the best photo I currently have. I can take another if needed.

Attachments

• Springbok.jpg
    Springbok.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 0