93 Sport Craft 230

LC1

Recruit
Hello fellow boaters,
I'm a newbie member to the forum and have always found great information here before joining, so I hope someone can help me with my question.
I'm going to look at a '93 Sport Craft 230 this weekend, anyone out there had any experience with this boat and any known issues with the hull or anything else I should look out for?

Thanks

G-Daddy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 93 Sport Craft 230

Early '90s Sportcraft boats did have some issues with stringers. One area to check is the limbers - the holes that were drilled to allow trapped water to drain. Some of the boats had drilled holes that were left untreated and they were prone to stringer rot. Also, a survey would be in order if you get serious about a potential purchase.

LC1

Recruit
Re: 93 Sport Craft 230

Early '90s Sportcraft boats did have some issues with stringers. One area to check is the limbers - the holes that were drilled to allow trapped water to drain. Some of the boats had drilled holes that were left untreated and they were prone to stringer rot. Also, a survey would be in order if you get serious about a potential purchase.

Thanks G-Daddy, when I added up the cost of all the fancy electronics and down riggers that come with the boat, it appears that the boat itself is only worth a couple grand. Something smells rotten, I think I'll pass on this one.
Thanks Again for the info.