Lots of questions

Bill3434

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1970,16ft, c-gull; I think. I can not find anything on a 1970 model or decent pictures of one. I can find info on years 69 and 71. I did a boatfax but my hull id doesn't meet the number requirements since it is so old.

The nearest I can figure out I may have up to 200lbs of unaccounted for weight. I'm thinking my foam is wet. One question is if I replace the foam is the new pourable foam lighter than the foams used in the early 70's. I can only get up to about 29mph (gps) at WOT with a 70hp johnson.

Does anyone out there know how the stringers are laid out underneath the deck? Hate to cut stuff by accident.

Just to note on my weights: I have a piece of plywood laid on top of the deck and another smaller piece where I had a fishing seat installed. Plus, a steal plate added to re-enforced the transom.

I'm getting things ready for a winter project. Tight budget and limited work areas. I have been doing my research on this site which is great and other websites.

By the way, I'm retired army and if it don't leak and it runs it's good:facepalm: