First boat: 1996 Smoker Craft Big Fish question???

hutch79

Recruit
Hello all,
I stumbled on this website a week or so ago and have appreciated and enjoyed all the info ive come across. I just purchased my first boat via craigslist a couple days ago. I think I ended up with a pretty good deal. 1996 14`6`` Smoker Craft Big Fish, 2003 25hp Yamaha 4 stroke tiller, auto & co pilot minn kota bow mount trolling motor, 2 newer batteries, decent eagle fish finder, 2 anchors, all safety equipment, landing net, canon downrigger w/ accessories, toolbox with tools, new heavy duty boat cover, and like new shorelander trailer. Everything is in very good condition. I paid $2200 for everything.

The only issue with the boat that I can tell is the carpet could be replaced. That is where my inexperience with boats comes into play. Im not sure how to remove the bench tops? Also, Im pretty sure the carpet is cut around the storage box and live well, but it goes under the benches as well. The benches are screwed down at the floor, which doesnt pose a problem, but there are multiple rivets on the side through the hull. Is the only way to carpet under the benches to remove all attached rivets? That seems a bit intimidating of a task. I hope recarpeting doesnt involve purposely opening holes in the hull. By the way, the floor is very solid so that shouldnt need replaced. Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!