Whats your Smokercraft story?

go dart

Cadet
Awesome to find a group of Smoker owners. Bought my 162 Promag new in 1999. Excellent boat but my dealer was poor and shortly went out of business. Man the boats he was dumping made me wanna cry. Dealer had a 75 force on it in the showroom but we finally came to an agreement on a 90 Merc and I am so glad I did. Both continue to give good service and I've managed to keep the wear and tear down. My only problem is getting parts. Closest dealer is 3 hrs away and all I ever need is small parts. It really doesn't justify his time to order so I have to beg the parts dept. Seriously considering the larger Milenta.

walmsleya

Recruit
Re: Whats your Smokercraft story?

I have a 1979 16' Smoker Craft bow rider. I just finished the entire interior and added an awesome 1975 75 hp. Johnson Stinger 2. I painted the engine to match the boat because that orange really looked bad with my new interior. The hull will be painted back to it's original colors next year, since I don't want to catch any "down time" in this season. I love this boat and will post pics soon. Thanks.

andrewfunk

Recruit

I bought a 1994 182 promag a year ago. It has a 90hp merc on it that runs great. The boat does not look as good as it runs so I am redoing the interior. I will tell you that these boats are built tuff, I had a heck of a time getting the carpet off and installed on the outer railing of the boat. The hull has normal dock srcapes and the white and black paint is real chalky. I am going to try to buff and pollish this week and see where that gets me. So far I am very happy that I purchased a SMOKER. I will try to post some pics if I can find my camera. Thanks

Fishn4Funn

Cadet

There's a lot of other boats out there, but for the money, and the Reverse Chine bow design, Smokers are the best at hole shots and economical cruising. They just cut through rough water like it's butter. Uhoh, I guess i'll need to upload pics onto a website, cause all I have now is pics on my pc. Well another time. I'm in Vancouver, WA and looks like I'm the only one here with a Smoker, a 1996 Fazer 172........................?

andrewfunk, you got the right idea my friend, kick back, relax, soak it up. Hey what's your rod tip doing?

jasona

Seaman Apprentice

We purchased a 1991 Fazer 172 in summer of 2008. Has an 80hp merc. We wanted a good family boat for fishing, tubing and a bit of skiing. The boat has been great. Lots of storage, nice floor plan, easy to fish from, easy to work on. I replaced most of the carpet last year, and the thing looks like new on the inside.
Only issue I have is I need to have the motor trimmed down at full speed to avoid porposing. If I trim the motor up, the boat bounces a lot. Kids love that, but I'd like a bit of a smoother ride. Any suggestions?

mdunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Img_1664.-2jpg.JPGGlad I stopped by to check out the Smoker-Craft section.
I've had a 2001 -172 Stealth for going on 4 years now and it's been a great boat.
Got a 115 Yammy and a 8 hp Yammy troller on it.
Mine porpoised like a S.O.B but Smart Tabs smoothed it out a lot.

Low dsrt jon

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a 1999 162 Pro Mag too. I bought mine in S. California where I live and my dealer went out of business two years after I bought it. The closest dealer has been over 500 miles away ever since. I have always dealt with the factory in Indiana for any parts that I needed. Parts manager Andy Inebit has always been great to deal with. My boat looks almost brand new all I had done to it is a carpet replacement 4 years ago. I have a 90 hp etec on it and it runs like a champ. I love my boat. Jon:):);)

NJS0930

Seaman Apprentice

2003 Smoker Craft Osprey 19 DLX here. Bought it new. Ran a 1990 Tohatsu 90 on it for awhile, then stepped up to a 2007 Honda 150 four stroke. Also running a 2005 Tohatsu 9.8 four stroke as a kicker. I still have the porpoising issue, even with the Smart Tabs. I just trim the motor down and let 'er rip. Top speed so far fully loaded for salmon fishing is 45 mph. For the money, this boat rocks!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/skedadl/Tow_5.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/skedadl/Tow_4.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/skedadl/Tow_2.jpg

marshall1225

Recruit

I am about to trade my 2006 motorcycle valued at 5500.00 for a 1991 Smoker Craft 192 Fazer in great condition.The boat has never seen salt water, always garaged, 1991 130 Yamaha outboard that looks brand new,only used 2 weeks out of the yr since new, one owner,bow mounted foot control trolling motor,livewells,pole storage,new bimini cover and comes with like new trailer. Am I getting a good deal. I am not sure of value of boat just concerned bike is 15 yrs newer. Could someone please help me with my decision.

go dart

Cadet

I am about to trade my 2006 motorcycle valued at 5500.00 for a 1991 Smoker Craft 192 Fazer in great condition.The boat has never seen salt water, always garaged, 1991 130 Yamaha outboard that looks brand new,only used 2 weeks out of the yr since new, one owner,bow mounted foot control trolling motor,livewells,pole storage,new bimini cover and comes with like new trailer. Am I getting a good deal. I am not sure of value of boat just concerned bike is 15 yrs newer. Could someone please help me with my decision.

Pictures would help but a Fazer is an awful nice boat. I don't know what bike your trading but worst case you could repower the boat in a yr or two. I'd pull the trigger.