1973 AMF Slickcraft, No HIN, No, Safety plate,

cuke1225

Recruit
I purchased this 1973 AMF Slick craft bow-rider SS195 with a OMC 135 OB, I can find no Hull Identification #. Purchased from the original owner with all documentation, including title issued in 1974, can anybody give me more information? This is a beautiful boat garage kept and looks almost new. the motor is 1974 Johnson 135 OB and runs great . Any input is appreciated.:)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

If you noticed, this isn't one of our more active sections. What kind of info are you looking for?

The HIN should be located on a small plate about maybe 4 inches long or embossed in the fiberglass. It will be somewhere on the transom, upper starboard side.

cuke1225

Recruit
slickcraft.jpg Thank you for your replies, The H I N is not in the normal place, In fact I have looked most everywhere and cannot find it on the vessel unless it is in some obscure location. I do have the # on the title, it consists of two letters "ST" and eight numbers. I know they were not required until after the manufacture date of 1972 and am wondering if this may have gotten by somehow.I There is also no rating plate and I read on the USCG that T ri Hulls were exempt (seems strange) ! should I somehow put the HIN on the vessel and if so any suggestions ? Also if anybody knows the actual weight, people and motor rating it would be a great help, Title states 1973 17' 2' Slickcraft by AMF and quite possibly the last year the Tri hull was made under this name Thanks again!

Attachments

• slickcraft.jpg
    slickcraft.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: