first day out!

I took my new (to me) ambassador out for a day on the lake with my wife. What a great boat. It needs some work in the near future but for now we're just going to enjoy.

I had it in the water for 5 minutes when I was asked to help a guy at the ramp with a jump start. I wasn't even sure if MY boat was going to start! Everything worked out though, and we got him started and my boat performed beyond my expectations.

I need a tune-up and a shift cable adjustment. Some more polishing too. Everyone at the lake loved it... lots of compliments.

Thanks guys, if that was you yelling "cool boat!"

Attachments

• IMG_1031sm.JPG
    IMG_1031sm.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 0

ejbreeze

Cadet
Re: first day out!

Very cool boat. Your going to have a great time with her. We need more pictures :)

emoney

Commander

I don't care what anybody says, ain't no better feeling than being out on the water in your own boat. Nerve-wracking at first, but pretty cool, huh?

Oh, and good job lending a hand because you never know when you'll need the favor returned.:D

ejbreeze

Cadet

Looking good. Looking at yours I forgot I had those swim steps laying around also for who ever wants them. Rust is the color.

ejbreeze

Cadet

Just wondering if you have gel coat cracks where the lower wood grain at the bow meets the side? Also if you line of sight the side edge does it slope downward or level?

Hey Ej,

Yes, mine has the same 'sagging topside' issue. There are some cracks in the gel coat there.

I may have it fixed at the end of this boating season. It depends on if the wife wants to keep this boat or get a new (bigger) one.

I spoke with a local fiberglass shop, and they seem to think they can fix it. But we think this boat needs stringers too, and maybe a transom. I drilled some holes and the wood chips looked good, but there are some places i couldnt get to with my 90 deg airdrill.

My friend is making another trip out to CA this coming friday. He should be rolling through your area in the afternoon.

ejbreeze

Cadet

I guess this is typical of the Ambassadors. A simple bulkhead under that area would have prevented both problems. Next weekend I will be at the lake. Will he be passing Mohave?

Last Mohican

Chief Petty Officer

Great looking boat. Seems like thee is still quite a few of these old Ambassadors around. I think I have the only 25' though. Everyone else has the later 26' model.

I think he's going straight to the LA area. I think we are going to 'overnite' in the boat this weekend too. We will get together soon on that windshield!

Maybe I'll just have to plan a quick trip over there.

ejbreeze

Cadet

Matt does your 25' have the cracks in the same area like I described?