1988 Ski Supreme leans to the right

derfsaint

Recruit
I have an issue with an 88 Ski Supreme leaning to the starboard side while sitting in the water. I have emptied the boat out of all gear and fuel and the craft will still lean about 3 inches to starboard side. The ski platform will be 3 inches out of the water on the left and touching the water on the right. Going slowly or full throttle same thing. Drives me nuts and produces a different wake shape for skiing. The bilge is dry and the anchor and a bunch of equipment is located on the port... Could there be water trapped somewhere?

not too old

Recruit
Re: 1988 Ski Supreme leans to the right

I have an issue with an 88 Ski Supreme leaning to the starboard side while sitting in the water. I have emptied the boat out of all gear and fuel and the craft will still lean about 3 inches to starboard side. The ski platform will be 3 inches out of the water on the left and touching the water on the right. Going slowly or full throttle same thing. Drives me nuts and produces a different wake shape for skiing. The bilge is dry and the anchor and a bunch of equipment is located on the port... Could there be water trapped somewhere?

Sounds like your floatation foam is holding water. Probably between the starboard side and the and the right center stringer.

derfsaint

Recruit
Re: 1988 Ski Supreme leans to the right

You may be correct. When i put it away this winter, I noticed water bubbling up through a small hole next to the bilge pump. The bilge had been replaced, and a screw hole was left unplugged. Not sure what to do, I drilled a 1/4 hole (Hey, it is a 20+ year old boat) from underneath the boat just to the starboard side of center adjacent to the where the bilge is located. Water poured out. I moved down drilling holes to the back of the boat about every 12 inches... So I have some holes to fill, but I should be floating straight this spring....