New owner of a 1993 Skeeter SS90 - newbie questions

rmag232

Recruit
Hello,

I just purchased a 1993 skeeter ss90 and love it. Seems like a great boat, it is in great shape, mostly everything works, and hope for years of enjoyment. I have just a couple of questions:

The light switch on the dash, does not have any wires attached to the back of it. I pulled the switch out and noticed there are 4 electrical connectors. In the wiring , there are 4 wires to be connected. Any idea on which wire goes to which
connector ( perhaps color codes ) all of the connectors on the back of the switch look to be the same with no diagram

The speedometer does not work. I found on another website the fact to follow the " air " tube from the back of the speedometer to the engine ( 85 hp Yamaha ) . The tube seems to be connected there, but following it to and into the engine
I cannot determine where it goes to . Could it also be electrical ?

Thank you so much in advance for any help

Rob

Geezer1

Seaman Apprentice
Re: New owner of a 1993 Skeeter SS90 - newbie questions

Congrats rmag, on your SS 90. I have a '96 that I really like. Your questions are not Skeeter questions (see very first post on this forum), and should be asked in the electrical forum (light switch) and Yamaha motor forum (speedometer). That is, if the speedo pick-up tube is somehow mounted in the engine. Most that I've seen are mounted on the bottom of the transom. If the lights switch you're asking about controls the bow and stern lights, it should be a three position switch... Bow & Stern light, Stern light only, and off. As far as wiring, 2 should be coming from the bow, and 2 from the stern. Post this switch question in the electrical forum and the experts over there will have you on track in no time. Geezer.