New Skeeter Owner

mwh086

Cadet
Just picked up a 2003 Skeeter ZX 22 CC, with a 36 volt trolling motor that looks to be wired wrong.

I'm figuring to get 36 volts you wire three 12 volt batteries in series (3 x 12= 36).

Bat 1 + red from trolling motor - to Bat 2 +
Bat 2 - to Bat 3 + and
Bat 3 - to trolling motor black

But the PO has something different that I can not even describe, stating the dealer corrected and this is the right configuration.

Additionally there is a 3 bank battery charger with Red and Black to Bats 1 & 3 (+ &-) . Bat 2 has both red and black to the neg terminal?

Needless to say I can only get 7 volts on a multi meter.

How does a 3 bank battery charger wire into a series of three 12 volt batteries? Does each battery get a + & - to respective terminals?

Does Skeeter do any strange wiring for trolling motors? should'nt I just have a heavy guage red and black from the bow to the battery bank, then shorter wires to bring batteries into series?

Thanks a bunch!

Mark

khenry

Cadet
Re: New Skeeter Owner

Your correct on getting 36 volt. On the 3 bank, I have 2 batteries that = 24V and I only wired one set of wires from the bank charger and it charges fine.

Tsr4ua

Recruit
Re: New Skeeter Owner

I agree, correct on the 36 volt 3 batteries in series question. I have a quad charger on mine and every battery is wired seperately, black to negative - red to positive.

TED