2004 40' silverton

dkennedy

Cadet
we got ours from Chicago we actually flew to Chicago then drove the boat back on the lake it one of the best trips ever

arks

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 2004 40' silverton

Congrats! That's the best way to learn about a boat. I did the same thing (450 miles up the ICW). Did you have any problems? How were the conditions?

dkennedy

Cadet
Re: 2004 40' silverton

we took our boat from chicago to erie which took about 2 or 2.5 weeks and it was more us tht made it tht long because tht was our big vacation for the summer so we took maybe 3 days at some of the ports and the conditions weren't bad until we got to lake erie and once we there we got stuck in a storm with like 16-20 foot waves and we were getting pounded it came to the point where we had to wear life jackets( being a yacht we didnt wear life jackets cuz its like a house practically and like with Motor homes no one wears seat belts unless ur driving) but we didnt no wut to expect so we wore life jackets one day and we didnt no for sure if we would make it without turning back and it was the roughest conditions we've ever been in and we've had 6 boats prior to this one. Other than the one bad storm the weather was fine. We didnt have any like technical problems because before we took the trip when we got to Chicago the boat wasn't in the water we took like 3-4 days and cleaned the boat and did all the mechanical stuff needed to make sure we would be safe and really there wasn't much to do cause we got the boat and it was like 2 yrs old so it was in like basically perfect condition and wasn't used much and we spent most of the time getting all of our stuff setup on the boat getting food and stuff so no problems occured when we were traveling in the water. I'll say one thing though its a lot of fun i would honestly do it every summer if i could now we go to like port dover and port stanley and port colebourne like 4-5 times every summer and its pretty fun but taking a trip like that is the best