Any other Silvertons out there?

arks

Lieutenant Commander
Since I was the one who asked for this forum I guess I'd better post something!<br /><br />I have a "Traditional" 34C, which was one of the most popular cruisers manufactured in the 80's. She's a great vessel; roomy and well equipped for a weekend (or longer) on the water. The Crusader 270's power her well and with inboards she's very manueverable, especially around the docks.<br /><br />I bought "Winter Dream" last summer in North Carolina and brought her home to the upper Chesapeake on her own bottom. What a great trip! Took the ICW and the Dismal Swamp Canal to the Chesapeake, then bounced north, stopping at Norfolk, Deltaville, and Crisfield before arriving at her new homeport of Havre de Grace.<br /><br />The big cruise of '05 was a 5 day trip to Cape May, NJ. Took the C and D canal to the Delaware Bay, then south to Cape May. Pretty easy trip (thank goodness) with no mechanical problems. Burned $600 worth of gas, and this was before all the "hurricane hikes" from Katrina! We all had a great time and met about 20 other families who own Silverton boats (or should I say "yachts").<br /><br />We're looking forward to '06 and only hope the winter is gentle and goes by quickly! :D

rottenray6402

Ensign
Re: Any other Silvertons out there?

Those sound like great trips, the Silvertons are so beautiful and stately.

Mr. Ross

Petty Officer 3rd Class

One more for the board. I just joined, have a 29' Sportcruiser that I have restored over the past several years due to the original owner's abandonment at a local marina. Last year was my first in the water and I pretty much worked out the bugs over the course of the summer (I hope).<br /><br />It is not as classic looking a model as yours, with those beautiful Silverton lines, but certainly is one of the best laid out boats in the 29' range I have ever seen.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

The 29 Sportcruisers have some nice features; in fact, I was trying to convince a friend to buy one last year (he got an Albin 29 diesel instead).<br /><br />The prop pockets really reduce draft, and the large bridge area is amazing for a 29 footer. Enjoy your Silverton!

Mr. Ross

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I can understand the Albin with the diesel, my ultimate goal is somewhere in that park. I love the advantage of the prop pockets, the interior is fantastic and most importantly I have a quality boat that is not a second mortgage.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Mr. Ross:<br /> ...most importantly I have a quality boat that is not a second mortgage.
I agree! It's nice to own a boat this size free and clear. Great boats for the money.<br /><br />If you're not already aware, there's an excellent internet club called the Silverton Owners Club. Tons of good info about all the models (but they seem a little light on the 29 Sportcruiser for some reason). They even have a source for obsolete parts for the older boats. IMO it's well worth the $28/ year!<br /> silvertonclub.com<br />Referrals only please, no direct linking.

Mr. Ross

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I was a guest member at a time several years ago when they allowed such a thing. That would have been when I first purchased the boat and needed information. <br /><br />Found not one article pertaining to my boat. I credited that to the lack of the classic "look" of most Silvertons. Found the site to be a bit snobbish so never joined. <br /><br />Just my opinion, I know a few others that are members and have reaped many benefits due to the information relative to their particular boats.<br /><br />Thanks for the tip.

Scout Sport Fish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My uncle boat a 44ft Silverton, not sure what line it is but DAMN is it a nice boat. You could definetly live in it. All I care is that I'm the first mate!

rick112

Recruit

I have a 1995 Silverton 362. I just purchased her this fall. I haven't had her in the water yet. Looking forward to the spring.

nokomis

Recruit

We have a 1997 42 convertable,46 LOA planing a trip to Lake Champlain in the spring .She is docked in Nokomis Fl.

UPOPIA
Kevin moynihan

RhythmsDJs

Cadet

Just picked up a 1995 310 Express in October. Upgraded from a 21 bowrider, case of 10-foot-itus. Spent a couple weekends on it then had to put her to bed for the winter. I can't wait for spring, this is going to be a long winter.

mikethepike

Seaman Apprentice

Just picked up a 1995 310 Express in October. Upgraded from a 21 bowrider, case of 10-foot-itus. Spent a couple weekends on it then had to put her to bed for the winter. I can't wait for spring, this is going to be a long winter.

Sweet!!!! GREAT CHOiCE . I have a '96 31 Express that i have lit up with Neons and a ROCKIN sound system. Our boat has neutral interiors and ... a wide berth, twin 350's for speed and overall, good too look at.

RhythmsDJs

Cadet

Sweet!!!! GREAT CHOiCE . I have a '96 31 Express that i have lit up with Neons and a ROCKIN sound system. Our boat has neutral interiors and ... a wide berth, twin 350's for speed and overall, good too look at.

I agree, the space for this length boat is amazing. We chose this model because of the width and the fiberglass lined cabin. It's so open and clean looking for a 15 year old boat. We have the teal colored fabrics and carpet, haven't made any changes yet but hoping to get the canvas straightened out. The previous owner made some bad decisions about the support poles. They attached them to the radar arch. So, some small projects come spring.

I'm so excited for a full summer. I hope you all enjoy your Silvertons, I know we will be.