1979 Comoro

rob 135

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Boat boat good price last year . On each side there is rails and brackets that look like a top would connect . Is there a certain top I need or are those universal . Love the boat . It's maroon an tan Johnson 135 that I'm rebuilding now .

southkogs

Staff member
Re: 1979 Comoro

Extruded rails on the inside of the cockpit gunwales are for a bimini top. I don't have one on my Comoro, but you can buy them here on iBoats.

Welcome aboard. You'll love the Comoro, it's a nice boat.

1stgenbird

Petty Officer 1st Class

On my '73 Comoro, the rails are for the frame of the optional factory top which was not a bimini but one that snapped over the windshield and down the side window frames. I still have the original top but need to get it re-sewn in some places and a new frame as it is bent.
A bimini frame should also fit as I am considering that route also.
73-03.jpg

Last edited:

rob 135

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I thought snaps all along edge and windshield were for covers. My head sticks above windshield now . image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

1stgenbird

Petty Officer 1st Class

I also have the clear side windows that also attach to the top and snap in place in other snaps located down the side hard window frame.
Probably a full cover would also use those snaps once the top was removed.

rob 135

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I looked at the Bimini tops . Do they all use the same type of rails ? Just wondering if original rails would work . Love to find the original covers for the front and back . Mine is missing rear seats on each side of motor , does anyone have a pic of those seats . Must be narrow seats.

southkogs

Staff member

Those snaps are for the running covers - tonneau cover for the bow (goes over the bow rider area), convertible top (snaps into the windshield and clips into the rails), side curtains (windows) and rear curtain (snaps down the gunwale and into the stern of the boat).

I've got some of the old canvas for mine, but the PO really let it go. Silverline did some nice stuff with the canvas too: there's a curtain that actually fits into the passageway under the windscreen to the bow rider: so you can essentially seal off the bow rider (good if you get into heavy seas for some reason, or stuck in a heavy rain).

A local canvas shop should be able to help you re-make any of it that you want.

southkogs

Staff member

...Mine is missing rear seats on each side of motor , does anyone have a pic of those seats . Must be narrow seats.
Go HERE, and click into the original literature link. The '79 brochure is posted and you can see an ad with your boat in it.

rob 135

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ty I found some great pics at Bosscatlegacy.com. Shows all the years that arctic cat built Silverline .