New Silverline owner

milmor88

Cadet
Re: New Silverline owner

hey, i am also a silverline owner...although i haven't found anybody else who has the same boat as me....i have a 1974 Aruba 18' with a 888 mercruiser 302...anybody heard of it? i cannot find anywhere that even suggests they ever made this boat...crazy

ron12

Cadet

hey all i am too a new owner of a silverline swift i believe it's late 60's maybe someone can help identify it better i posted another thread titled can anyone help indentify my silverline swift it has the pics ne help would be awesome.
thanks,
ron

got2bgreen45

Seaman Apprentice

I am also a new Silverline owner. I just recently purchased a 1973 Silverline Comoro 16v with an Evinrude 85hp engine. The boat has no horn and no seats in the way back. Are there supposed to be? Also there are no gauges on the boat. I have not yet tried starting the motor. Anyone who can help? Any suggestions to help me get started, seeing that this is my first boat?

cdn-pk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

New 1978 silverline 17' nantucket OB with 1977 140hp johnson. all my gauges are meant for a merc so nothing reads right. best think about that is when the gas guage reads empty i have about a 1/4 tank to get home.

greenville

Recruit

New 1978 silverline 17' nantucket OB with 1977 140hp johnson. all my gauges are meant for a merc so nothing reads right. best think about that is when the gas guage reads empty i have about a 1/4 tank to get home.

I just acquired a 1978 silverline 17t i/o with the iron duke chevy 4 cyl putting out 190 horses, only thing needed is interior updated whats the going price on having all the seats recovered? i will try to get some pictures on here this site wont let ya do much tonight in way of pictures!!!

Spimmmbler

Recruit

Just brought home a 1974 Silverline Comoro 16t with 115 Merc outboard. This boat is in immaculate condition. The older fella I bought it from always took care of it and stored it inside... The only thing that is wrong with it is it starts really hard if it has been sitting for a while. After that is fires right up and idles great. 50 to 1 mix. Any ideas as to how to fix this???

xeddog

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My son just purchased a 1976 22VHT from it's second owner. He has used my boat (1987 Reinell 215c) many times, but this is his first boat. The first one that HE has to maintain. :D It seems to be mechanically in good shape, and there is no visible damage so he should be ok. He was sorta forced to buy his own boat because mine is out of service due to water in #7 cylinder. *^%#@!!

I have only seen it once for a few minutes so far, but it looked a little rough. Even so, he has big plans for it and I will, of course, help him with it. The first things he wants to do are re-do the rear deck which includes doing something with the "doghouse" and putting down a Teak (or Teak substitute) deck in the rear, paint the hull (the gelcoat does look pretty bad), and redo the interior (which has been redone at one time but it still looks typical 70's ugly).

Let the fun begin ...

xeddog

wilsond3010

Cadet

New to Forum.

I just bought a 1982 Silverline 1612 it says on paperwork with a 120 in-board.

Not much else to tell just now until i take delivery and get some pictures and more info.

Only issue i know so far is that the engine turns over but is not starting (headaches here i come)

this is my first ever boat so alot of silly and stupid questions will probably follow

southkogs

Staff member

I just dove in the Silverline pool too. I picked up a 1972 Comoro 17v with a 165 OMC last weekend. The stern drive is not working at the moment, but for the shape of the rest of the boat I couldn't turn down the price (CHEAP). The inline 6 doesn't have a drip of oil on the block and runs VERY smooth. I'm waiting on a shop manual to show up for the stern drive and then I become a part time mechanic.

Jason, I saw your restoration thread. Nice boat, and not much different than mine. I learned a lot looking through the postings.

Attachments

• Silverline 1.jpg
    Silverline 1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Silverline 3.jpg
    Silverline 3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Silverline 4.jpg
    Silverline 4.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0

67deville

Cadet

Hi,I am also a new Silverline owner,a 67 deville i/o.Do you know of anyone online that sells parts for these boats,most of the stuff online is too modern for these boats.Thanks,Darrin

joel2899

Recruit

i am a new boat owner and i have a 1969 silverline eldorado 20'

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

In the next couple weeks I will be dragging home a 72 Grand Bahama 22T. Getting it for pratically free from a coworker.

crayzrider

Recruit

And yet another new Silverline owner. Just picked up my first "real" boat, a 1980 17' VBR with a 1984 Evinurde 140V4. Price was right and like the lines of the boat. Looks just like the one in the brochure but with a blue motor. Great overall shape, some beaching scuff to the bottom otherwise nice. Have to make a new canvas top and bow cover as those are rough looking. Working on getting the trailer title worked out, kicker bracket on and off to the fish.:) Working on pics.

FillupD

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just picked up a 1962 -1966 Silver Line Model 460. The registration states it is a 1961 but it has the colored V on the side. I haven't had it out yet. It has a 55 HP Johnson 1976 motor on it. It is rated at 100 HP. The top is in good condition and all there with the back flap that snaps in. It has a crack in the windshield that I plan on maybe replacing with some lexan?

I've seen some pictures with an antenna in the middle of the bow and an air horn. This one has that also. I'm pretty excited to get it cleaned up and running.
I bought it at an estate auction, it sat in a barn, covered for the last 9 years. I had to replace all the bearings in the trailer. I had to tow it 150 miles and when I checked the wheel bearing condition, they fell apart. Hard to find bearings too, ended up getting bearings designed to fit from a 1947 Hudson pickup.

southkogs

Staff member

Pictures Fillup, pictures man!! :D

Sounds like a cool boat.

FillupD

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll get some pictures ASAP. It supposed to warm up a little so I can get some time to clean a little and get the camera out.