Help Identifying this Silverline- I got it free off craiglist

Can anyone identify this silverline boat. I just got it free off craigslist

Motor is complete. owner said it needed a waterpump and the outdrive repaired.. Im also looking to find out what he outdrive is so I can get replacement parts.

Here is pics

http://imgur.com/a/FwBV0

Thanks

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard.

I'm pretty sure you have a Bel Aire. '68 or '69 as a guess. The layout looks more like a 68 to me, but I *think* your drive is a '69 Chrysler. I don't know if Chrysler ever supplied power for Volvo drives, but look the tag over on the engine and see if it gives any hints. Chrysler did produce stern drives. The SN on your plate doesn't really mean too much ... humorously the president of Silverline didn't really even know how they worked :) No HIN on that boat ... she's too old to have one.

Look around HERE a bit at the original literature. There are a couple of guys in that group who know their stuff pretty well, but the group is nowhere near as active as here on iBoats. MUCH better hull restoration information here.

Depending on how much work needs done on the engine and drive, you may do well to look for a Mercruiser from an old donor boat and do the swap now.

Well the good news is the motor turns over and she fired on a shot of gas. So thats an awesome plus. I need to find a water pump for it. Its alot of cosmetic and the stern drive stuff. But itll look great next to my 67 Glassmaster Tri Hull Next year.

southkogs

Staff member
Oh yeah ... if you're experienced rebuilding 'em, then you're ahead of the game.

I wound up getting rid of my Silverline last year, but I can't say enough good about the ones I've been around. The Bel Aire is a good lookin' hull and I can only imagine she's a pretty smooth boat to ride in. That one looks like it's in good shape for the most part.