Shamrock in Pacific Northwest

inspire.2011

Recruit
I am looking at buying a Shamrock 27 for the pacific northwest but am concerned about the following issues. Please share you experiences....Many Thanks Michael

1) How does the Shamrock Makinaw handle in rough chop and big water??

2) Up here we have A LOT of debris in the water, mostly from the logging industry. I see that the keel may offer some protection, BUT the rudder is hinged at a single point. Are there a lot of damage reports for debris? HOW DOES THIS BOAT HANDLE DEBRIS?

THANKS EVERYONE.

sasto

Captain
Re: Shamrock in Pacific Northwest

Hi inspire...Personally, I have been behind the wheel of many Shamrock's. Offshore, ICW, and inshore rivers. I don't think you can beat her for your intentions of using her. There have been rumors about the bronze keel guard.....protruding under the prop...getting bent upwards and into the prop. Never seen it happen.

I can't think of any other boat that can handle Mother Nature the way she does....for her size. I've seen them hard grounded, skipped over a sandbar, hit a marker....name it!

Choice is yours....My opinion? You looking for big water and prop protection? You got it!

inspire.2011

Recruit

Hi inspire...Personally, I have been behind the wheel of many Shamrock's. Offshore, ICW, and inshore rivers. I don't think you can beat her for your intentions of using her. There have been rumors about the bronze keel guard.....protruding under the prop...getting bent upwards and into the prop. Never seen it happen.

I can't think of any other boat that can handle Mother Nature the way she does....for her size. I've seen them hard grounded, skipped over a sandbar, hit a marker....name it!

Choice is yours....My opinion? You looking for big water and prop protection? You got it!

Hi....On another forum someone said the following...Can you help me understand what the issues are?

"There is a thread on this website that has a contest for what people think is the wettest and roughest ride of their life and Shamrocks have several honorable (dishonorable mentions). And that probably didn't count me that would have had them in the top 2. A disaster in waters like the Chesapeake Bay, not to mention in the big Ocean! Well built with NO engineering. Front Heavy. Don't consider letting one come out of the water.Re-entry is a *****"

sasto

Captain

Never heard a bad thing about them, inspire. I did warrenty work on them several years ago and never had an issue, nor any complaints. I have a friend that has one. We call him "run agound Brown" because he is very adventurous and goes places he shouldn't.

Being in Florida we don't have many of the Makinaw models. I'm giving my opinion on Shamrock in general.

Good Luck!