Sears John Boats

Larryr

Recruit
Does anybody know who made Sears John Boats in 1975 as I'am in need of the port side oarlock? <br /> Thanks <br /> Larry

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Sears John Boats

Larryr,<br /><br />Welcome to iboats! Getting the exact oarlock may prove to be difficult. Possibly your best chance is to find another one that is close to identical or else buy two new ones that would fit the same holes.<br /><br />iboats (this same site) and many other places have them:<br /> http://www.iboats.com/mall/index.cgi?keywords=oar+lock

Larryr

Recruit

I'am at wits ends , I would sure like to know who made this John Boat!

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The problem which occurs much of the time is that even if you find out, much of the time that part just isn't available any more. Hundreds of old boat manufacturers have gone out of business. Plus, even when boats are just a few years you can't get replacement parts much of the time. Often the best thing is to find an aftermarket replacement or make your own part.

bjon

Cadet

i couldn't find the numbers on my boat. when i registared my boat with the state, on the paper work it said ses on it. it turned out to be a 1969 and now it looks like a new one. good luck with your boat

bjon

Cadet

i finished my sears jon boat, it looks like a new one and works great,i have been fishing in it several times,its 40 years old but you would not know it,it will be good for another 40 years

BUD CARTER

Recruit

MY BOAT DOSENT MATCH THE TITLE. GAMEFISHER ON SIDE OF BOAT AND ON RATEING TAG WITH A MODEL #61357 S 0R 5.tHE TITLE SAYS ITS A SEA NYPTH ITS A 14' ALUINUM JON BOAT SO I'M NOT CONCERNED WITH THAT i KNOW IT HAS TO BE A GAMEFISHER . MY PROBLEM IS I CANT FIND THAT MODEL # ANY WHERE TO VARIFY THE YEAR RATEING ETC. SEARS SAYS THEY DONT KNOW BECAUSE IT WAS DISCONTINUED LONG AGO. ANY BODY KNOW WHERE OR HOW TO FIND OUT ?