2002 Seadoo GTI LE, Problem! impeller?

BigBadX

Recruit
Last week, my gal friend was riding her GTI LE, was idling, then accelerated and a god-aweful noise came out of the thing...engine was still running but she did not move. I figured she sucked up a stick or? into the impeller. I towed her back to shore, checked and nothing was in the impeller. Maybe when I was towing her, it came out but now the engine runs and still a god-aweful noise when accelerating, no move the boat. Looks like the spline in the counter weight behind engine or the impeller shaft spine stripped out??!! how could that happen by a stick getting into the impeller?? ever heard of this happening? I have not torn it apart, but you can move the counter weight (?) on the back of the engine and the shaft does not move. I am a rookie to the Seadoo world, can this spline strip out? a Yamaha guy said he heard of a grease bladder blowing out, and could cause the loss of connection...true, the cover is plastered with grease. There is a zerk fitting there, so whats the deal? easy fix? Any ideas out there??

Jetskihero

Recruit
Re: 2002 Seadoo GTI LE, Problem! impeller?

Can Be Things, You wont know till you start removing and examining the parts. If there is nothing in the pump itself it can be a motor mount, Drive shaft Bumpers, Striped drive-shaft spline or the bearings are shot in the pump. If one of the motor mounts are bad it will cause the drive shaft and impeller to rattle just enough to hit the walls of the wearing and make tons of noise. I would pull everything on the rear out and look at it.. JUST to BE Safe =o)

Waverunner-Pwc Performance Parts Seadoo Parts Jet ski Engine Parts