1997 Seadoo GTX Oil in Cylinders

ndjqv

Recruit
I have a 1997 SeaDoo GTX with the 717 engine. The problem I have is that I have a lot of oil gashing out of the cylinders. When I take the spark plugs out, it is like a open water faucet but of oil pouring out of the spark plugs holes. If I install the spark plugs then I can not turn the engine over. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Compression in cylinders were great before this happened. I would appreciate any insight on this.

Thx,

NDJQV

hydrogenpal

Cadet
Re: 1997 Seadoo GTX Oil in Cylinders

I had the same problem, on my 95 spx.
What i had to do is start it daily and let it kick once or twice then i let it set over night and do it again. i would also take the spark plugs out and run it a bit and let the plugs dry out. then i would let it kick again. finally i pulled the choke and kept trying to start it tell it finally coughed up and then it kicked over and ran. but now i have a new problem. it back fires and bogs and dies when it hits the water you know about anything that?

bk123

Recruit
Re: 1997 Seadoo GTX Oil in Cylinders

did you ever figure out the problem with your spx, i have an spi thats doing the samething ive been trying to figure it out for a while with no luck.