New Ark Owner

tatern

Recruit
New to the forum, rather new to boating also. I love these tech boards...a treasure-trove of info. I've lived right on the WV side of the Ohio River for 9 years now and finally found a sweet deal on a used '98 1860-P on an EZ-loader with a 40hp Rude. It's seen a little neglect but no dents, and very small scratches. Other than starting the engine none of the electronics work. No nav lights, depth finder, cig lighter, livewell pump, or horn but I pulled it off my bank today to get those things working. Mostly just faded olive drab paint.
First was a trip to the mech for a new impeller & carb cleaning. The 40hp is a nice fit for a motor that doesn't guzzle gas, but it'll scoot this boat. This is the perfect boat for me, the 3 degree hull fits my needs. And I always like to see that the mfg. is still in business when I buy used stuff. Sea Ark appears to be a reputable builder. Some of their new models make me drule. I wish there were a larger sea ark crowd on here because I have a ton of questions. But for now I'll go to school on many of the previous posts. Its great to be here!

heycods

Captain
Re: New Ark Owner

Your gona love it for years to come. And your right about the motor, they are gas sippers.If I could afford a new one today it would be another ark.