needing info on 80 sea ray srv 225

swago

Recruit
Hello, New here and I apologize if this has been covered before. I am looking at purchasing an srv 225 and was curious if the floor in this model is fiberglass, everything I could see around carpet was. Also are there any common issues with this boat I need to be aware of, aside from the things to look for in all boats. I appreciate anything you all would like to share and really look forward to learning from everyone.

Silly Seville

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: needing info on 80 sea ray srv 225

Welcome to iboats.

This is a great forum for getting answers to things of a technical nature on just about every kind of boat imaginable. However, if you want to know REALLY specific things about a boat...go to the site that specializes in them. Name of your boat with "Club" in the beginning. Also, you can contact Sea Ray customer service, and they can give you information on every last detail about your particular boat. Very good people there.

Good luck!

http://www.searay.com/boat_graphics/electronic_brochure/company1729/1C1_27_74DERNJ2A306.pdf

swago

Recruit

Thanks for the response Seville. When you say site are you speaking of this one, or a separate sea ray webpage?

nlain

Commander

He is speaking about iboats, it is a great place to get questions answered. Up in the other forums check out the titles and you will find one to fit most anything you need help with. There is a SeaRay specific site that is also a good place for info, clubsearay.com . I am on both and get great help in both places.

In your boat I believe you will find a lot of wood, it was common during that time, stringers, deck/floor, transom core and maybe even hull core. I had an 87 that had wood deck, stringers and transom core.