Looking to add friends with 97 Sea Ray with 4.3 Liter Alpha

denyknap

Cadet
I just purchased a 1997 Sea Ray 185 BR with a 4.3 Liter Alpha One drive and hope to find others that own this or similar models at the time to add to friends list to share experiences, problems and possible solutions. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

nlain

Commander
Re: Looking to add friends with 97 Sea Ray with 4.3 Liter Alpha

I have the 2004 version, 185 Sport, 4.3L, Alpha 1 Gen 2. Pretty much Saltwater use, I live on the water and it is Salty. Very little freshwater use. I am in SE Ga.

denyknap

Cadet

that might work out well for you knowing how to contact me. my boat being 7 years older stuff will break first and I can tell you how to fix em! lol I just put on a new Lowrance chart plotter and installed the marine radio getting ready to head to lake Erie next weekend. All fresh water on this one. keep in touch and let me know how things are going with the boat. so far i really like mine. other than an issue with the shift adjustment i need to get taken care of. Thanks for the response and have a great day!

nlain

Commander

I have some experience already, my first SeaRay was a 1987, traded it on the 04. I have been an automotive/truck mechanic most of my life, still in the business, bout ready to retire. Just bought a pair of jet skis, used, now learning to work on them. We may be able to help each other out from time to time.