New to me 2000 190rs Stingray

striker777

Recruit
Just bought a 2000 190rs with a 4.3 v-6 volvo. Boat is in mint condition and Im hoping will make a great family boat for the 4 of us.
I have a few dumb questions. Im new to this so please be patient. The guy I bought it from did not have an owners manual. Any ideas on where I could pick one up?
First rookie question is when do I need to run the blower? How about the beilge pump? Hoping to take it to the lake this weekend. thanks for any help you can offer.

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: New to me 2000 190rs Stingray

Welcome to iBoats. . .

Lots of boats do not come with a comprehensive owner's manual . . . more typically, you may get/have the service manual for the engine and maybe some of the systems. You can Google your way to some online resources for manuals. Also, maybe try some of the Stingray Owner's forums for more detailed information.

There should be warning placards on the instrument panel that tell you when to run the blower . . . however, you would want to run the blower for 4 minutes before starting the engine . . . and when you are idling or going at slow speeds. If you are at cruising speeds, there is generally enough air going into the bilge to keep any explosive fumes to low levels.

the bilge pump should be able to turn itself on automatically when water in the bilge rises to a certain point. You should test this to make sure. Occaisionally, you may choose to turn on the pump to drain the bilge, if you have water in it and did not want to wait for the automatic switch to activate, etc.

Have you taken your boater safety course yet?