Sea Ray Hull # ID

linckeil

Petty Officer 3rd Class
hello all, i just signed up on the forum.
is there a resource out there where i can enter my hull number and it will tell me details specific to my boat, such as any options it originally came with?
with a car VIN you can determine specifics and options that came on that particular car. is the same true for hull numbers on a boat? if so, where would i go about finding this information? maybe sea ray offers this service?
by the way, my boat is a 1973 srv18. thanks.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Sea Ray Hull # ID

I have a 17' sea ray that i just bought yesterday and i am also looking for like information. I dont have a cost guard tag on the boat, you know the thing that has the max hp rating and persons cap. Ill be watching this post for anyone that might be able to help us out. My e-mail addy is drewmitch44@comcast.net

mtbr00x

Seaman

I also need the same information. I was able to find a little info on http://searay.com if you look in the archives you might find your boat.

GaBoy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I contacted Searay by email and asked the same about my s/n and have had no reply for over a month. Huh????

linckeil

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i contacted them too. they were worthless. unless you're going in to buy a new boat, i guess they don't have the time.

tollycraft

Recruit

hello all, i just signed up on the forum.
is there a resource out there where i can enter my hull number and it will tell me details specific to my boat, such as any options it originally came with?
with a car VIN you can determine specifics and options that came on that particular car. is the same true for hull numbers on a boat? if so, where would i go about finding this information? maybe sea ray offers this service?
by the way, my boat is a 1973 srv18. thanks.

Helo linckeil, not an expert on the subject but I will tell you what I do know for sure. On boats from the 1960's to mid 70's the first three letters should designate the manufacturer, in your case they should read SER. Some manufacturers used 2-0r 3 numbers to indicate the model number which would be the next numbers following. The 9th and tenth numbers indicate the month of the calander year, they go from 01 (January)- 12 ( December) The last 2 numbers should indicate the year, in your case the should read 73. Some companys followed with a dash on the end of the series numbers with 2 or three numbers which would indicate the length in your case -18. Something changed in the numbering system mid 70's but not sure exactly what date. I dont believe in your year the HIN numbers did indicate what options were on the boat, but dont hold me to that. Hope this may help out in some way.

Tollycraft.