• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post a pic of yours.... classic/vintage or new Sea Ray

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post a pic of yours.... classic/vintage or new Sea Ray

Nice! Look at the room in the cockpit... that's great
    Arrr matey!
    2002 3788 Bayliner "Motley Crew"
    Twin 270 Cummins
    sigpic

Comment

I know we are partial but you have to agree whether its a classic or new boat Sea Ray lines are timeless!
      sigpic
      '05 Sea Ray Sundeck 200
      4.3 MPI Alpha

Comment

I agree.
        Stylish as always.
        I'm not shy to pull up to my rich friends yacht in my lil' Sea Ray!
        Arrr matey!
        Twin 270 Cummins
        sigpic

Comment

magster....yer in sydney haurbor....any time you can boat in that beauteful area is awesome.......and i love your boat.....was gonna walk the docks last time i was on the island...find your boat abd drool all over it..........mabe next spring.....

any how.....here is mine...before the resto....1969 (possibly 68) srv 190

get a load of the bow light

these picks were taken just as the resto was to start....dec 15/07....

this is the hull january 15/07

and again on feb 15/08

The Hull Extension Thread
          great info on all aspects on boat building with detailed information.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=234392

IN MEMORY OF Our friend SpinnerBait_Nut LESTER WRIGHT July 31, 1953 - Nov 26, 2008 RIP

IN MEMORY OF Our friend Tashasdaddy Robert (bob) Griffis. October 27, 1948
          November 29 2010 RIP

Comment

Originally posted by oops! View Post
            magster....yer in sydney haurbor....any time you can boat in that beauteful area is awesome.......and i love your boat.....was gonna walk the docks last time i was on the island...find your boat abd drool all over it..........mabe next spring.....

any how.....here is mine...before the resto....1969 (possibly 68) srv 190
            Thanks man!
            I haven't been up towards Kelowna for years... I'm due for a road trip!
            I usually keep the boat in the driveway for 4 or 5 months then moor the rest of the year in Sidney. We're pretty lucky with the islands n' stuff... awesome boating here. Last summer we 'whale watched' 5 times... the last time we had an absolutely huge 'sucker' breech about 100' from us!!!! My boy was all happy and excited until he saw that... then he slowly sunk down in his seat and said, "We better go now daddy!" (which we did)

You fiberglass guys are nuts... did you lengthen your boat 4'? That's awesome!

... and if anyone was wondering... the 24" props worked out perfectly... 32 mph cruise and 46 mph @ 5000 rpm wot (with the canvas up).
            Arrr matey!
            Twin 270 Cummins
            sigpic

Comment

yah i streched it 5 feet...

i used to live in victoria for 10 years....i was on ckda and cfms as stephen ward. i was the one that switched ckda to the oldies format from light hits.
              then went over to cfms to do the mid day show and automated the evenings and overnights.

one of my fav things to do was go to race rocks.....(quite a trip from sidney) and get real close to the sealions.....5 or 6 feet....man thoes things are huge.
              once your boy gets a little older and is not as scared of the big animals run him over there.
              i used to do sea reports outta pedderbay on their rental boats. so i got to see lots of stuff like that...followed a killer while it was looking for seals between pedder bay and sooke....it kept diving and surfacing for about half an hour......wow

after a while i lived on a 43 footer in toovey bay ......by 6 mile and fort rodd hill when you drive over the brigde at 6 mile.in collwood thats tooveyy bay.(beauteeeeful)
              then we lost the moorage and had to move it to the industrial side of the inner haurbor...right by the johnson street bridge on the esqimalt side. still great but not as private as toovey bay.....

where are you finding the great deals on boats? i know you got that one outta the seattle area......i just ran to vegas to get a 19 foot bliner.....(bayliners are ok...but nowhere near the quality and lines of searay.)
              gonna sell it in the spring and offset the cost of a new motor for the searay.
              wanna go 383 stroker...see if i can get 60 mph...

you got 46 with the top up?......awesome....
              btw....iffen you ever see a pool of drool around your bote....you know oops wuz there !
              The Hull Extension Thread
              great info on all aspects on boat building with detailed information.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=234392

IN MEMORY OF Our friend SpinnerBait_Nut LESTER WRIGHT July 31, 1953 - Nov 26, 2008 RIP

IN MEMORY OF Our friend Tashasdaddy Robert (bob) Griffis. October 27, 1948
              November 29 2010 RIP

Comment

Originally posted by oops! View Post
                yah i streched it 5 feet...

i used to live in victoria for 10 years....i was on ckda and cfms as stephen ward. i was the one that switched ckda to the oldies format from light hits.
                then went over to cfms to do the mid day show and automated the evenings and overnights.

one of my fav things to do was go to race rocks.....(quite a trip from sidney) and get real close to the sealions.....5 or 6 feet....man thoes things are huge.
                once your boy gets a little older and is not as scared of the big animals run him over there.
                i used to do sea reports outta pedderbay on their rental boats. so i got to see lots of stuff like that...followed a killer while it was looking for seals between pedder bay and sooke....it kept diving and surfacing for about half an hour......wow

after a while i lived on a 43 footer in toovey bay ......by 6 mile and fort rodd hill when you drive over the brigde at 6 mile.in collwood thats tooveyy bay.(beauteeeeful)
                then we lost the moorage and had to move it to the industrial side of the inner haurbor...right by the johnson street bridge on the esqimalt side. still great but not as private as toovey bay.....

where are you finding the great deals on boats? i know you got that one outta the seattle area......i just ran to vegas to get a 19 foot bliner.....(bayliners are ok...but nowhere near the quality and lines of searay.)
                gonna sell it in the spring and offset the cost of a new motor for the searay.
                wanna go 383 stroker...see if i can get 60 mph...

you got 46 with the top up?......awesome....
                btw....iffen you ever see a pool of drool around your bote....you know oops wuz there !
                So you have a little history here... that's cool!
                Yeah... this is a neat place for whale watching. We're about 15 minutes off a migration route (south side of north Pender) so we see whales every second time out probably. Yesterday we had a large school of porpoises swim with us for about 15 minutes... that was really neat!
                I got 46 on the gps on the way in the other night but I musta' been running with the tide I guess. This weekend I was a little slower at 44.8... I have more 'stuff' on the boat now too.
                It's all good... looking forward to summer!!!!
                Arrr matey!
                Twin 270 Cummins
                sigpic

Comment

I just purchased a 1977 searay with cuddy, very nice hull I will be refurbishing and repowering, I will send before and after pics

Comment

My first post ... and also my first Sea Ray. Currently at home installing a new water pump ... then back in the water for hopefully a good summer season!

1995 Sundancer 250 with just-installed new camper canvas. A larger version of my signature pic.
                    Last edited by scottlb; April 14th, 2008, 03:59 PM. Reason: Fix picture
                    sigpic1995 Sundancer 250
                    "Simply Hawaiian"

Comment

Picking up this 1994 Sea Ray 200 Signature. She has a 5.0L Merc and 260 hours. I must say, the boat is in PERFECT shape as far as I'm concerned.... take a look for yourself.

If anyone has any tips on how to secure cheaper insurance on her, let me know. also, this is my first boat....so if there are any tips on maintaining this boat, i'd like to know that as well..... I need and want to take excellent care of this boat as she's been taken care of perfectly for the past 14 years... I'm all smiles.....

Comment

Nice boat eyedoc. I also just bought a 1995 180 sea ray signature. It looks almost identicle except mine is dark blue in color with matching trailer. I have not had her out yet except the sea trial. I have 150 hours on meter. For previntive maintenance they say to change your lower unit oil every season along with engine oil. Most people do this along with spark plugs and distributor cap and rotor right before you winterize it. If the water pump impellar has not been changed they recommend that every couple years depending on how much you use the boat. I would also have everything that needs to be lubed or greased at the time of oil changes before winterizing. If you don't have one get a service manual, it helps out alot. Good luck with her and happy boating.
                        1995 Sea Ray 180 Signature
                        4.3lx 4brrl (205hp)
                        MR.FUNGI

Comment

Originally posted by mrmushroomman View Post
                          Nice boat eyedoc. I also just bought a 1995 180 sea ray signature. It looks almost identicle except mine is dark blue in color with matching trailer. I have not had her out yet except the sea trial. I have 150 hours on meter. For previntive maintenance they say to change your lower unit oil every season along with engine oil. Most people do this along with spark plugs and distributor cap and rotor right before you winterize it. If the water pump impellar has not been changed they recommend that every couple years depending on how much you use the boat. I would also have everything that needs to be lubed or greased at the time of oil changes before winterizing. If you don't have one get a service manual, it helps out alot. Good luck with her and happy boating.
                          great, thanks for the tips... I'm going on the sea trial tomorrow.... I hope everything goes well......

Comment

I just bought this 1967 SRV170. All original. Needs a little TLC but in pretty nice shape.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just bought my first boat last Saturday (06-07-08). 1997 210 Bow Rider with the 5.7L MerCruiser. Second post to iBoats! I finally was able to take it out yesterday after finding a lake in southeastern Wisconsin that wasn't under temporary slow no-wake orders (other than Lake Michigan). Couldn't stop grinning!
                              Attached Files

Comment

New to the site...
                                Here Is our recently purchased 87 Seville. It is cleaning up well. Took her out to the lake for a shake down everything seems Great! I cant wait to go down to the shore....

Comment

Working...
                                X