SeaPro 235 WA fuel tank venting problem

Maddie

Recruit
When I put fuel into my 23.5 WA the fuel backs up and I can pee faster than it will take gas. I would think it is a venting problem. Anyone have this problem? Anyone have any fix's?

IllesheimVet

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: SeaPro 235 WA fuel tank venting problem

My 2002 235 WA had the same problem from the factory. The vent line was about 2 ft. too long, forming a U shaped trap as it came off the fuel tank. I also secured the vent line to one of the pedestal mount bolts with a rubber lined clamp. I also cut about a foot off off of the large fuel feed tube to eliminate that trap. problem solved. My guess is these lines are hooked up before the upper deck is joined then when joined, the lines are just too long.

Maddie

Recruit

IllesheimVet! Thank you for the reply and answer. I haven't looked yet, but how do you access the vent line? and pedestal mount bolts? Can you get to them, through the cabin?

IllesheimVet

Petty Officer 3rd Class

To access vent tube at vent fitting on hull and seat ped. bolts, Loosen seat adjustments and lift off capts seat. Remove 5 screws holding cup holder/storage unit, remove unit. It's a stretch to reach bolts to install a clamp, but doable. Access to tank end is through the fwd deck plate. (Not a lot of room to work with in there).