1988 SS 175

Maximus71

Recruit
I'm considering a trade on a 1988 Sea Nymph SS 175. I drove the boat today and everything seems fine, but one thing bothers me. The boat leans to port significantly.

The current owner claims that it is because the engine battery and the auxiliary battery are on the same side of the boat. I weigh more than he does and it didn't seem to correct any when we switched and he let me drive. I don't think he's trying to pull anything shady; I'm just concerned that the real reason is waterlogged foam. I get that the batteries weigh roughly 60 pounds each, but it seems like the boat should have straightened out with me driving since I easily outweighed this guy by about 60 pounds. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Maximus71

Recruit
Well, looks like it won't matter after all. I've decided not to trade for the boat. Too much of a project. I'm looking for a boat that is ready to use.

Gixxer1000

Recruit
Can anyone answer this question? I have a CC191 1989. kinda does the same when under throttle, just sitting its level. My boat is dry.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Can anyone answer this question? I have a CC191 1989. kinda does the same when under throttle, just sitting its level. My boat is dry.

Please start a new thread of your own. Check the Forum Help link in the sig below. Thanks