Should I buy this damaged Sea Nymph? (I bought it...and now sold it!)

BonairII

Commander
Re: Should I buy this damaged Sea Nymph? (I bought it!)

Cleaned the boat up a tad....and got it out in the front yard for sale. I'm asking $600 for it(including trailer). I get decent traffic on my road, so I'm hoping it'll sell soon. I've also got it listed on CL. I'm sure I'll get a bunch of lowball offers....but I won't accept anything less than $500.

I've got the aluminum swim platform listed for $30....and the 3 seat pedestals for $20 each.

I'm hoping for a quick sale cause all proceeds are going to be spent on my SS. (new pedestal seats, bilge pump, trailer tires, 2nd troller battery, etc etc).

BonairII

Commander

Update:

Just sold the Nymph for $600 buckaroos! Yay! A tidy $350 profit (paid $200 for boat plus $50 bucks in gas to pick it up).

I still have the 3 seat pedestals and aluminum swim platform that came with the boat. I should be able to get $70 total for that stuff.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Should I buy this damaged Sea Nymph? (I bought it...and now sold it!)

Funding the SS - Way to go, BA. :D

BonairII

Commander

Funding the SS - Way to go, BA. :D

Yup! The profits from the Nymph are paying for the Stinger 75hp with CMC TNT. The CMC is going on the SS. I'm going to find a lower unit for the Stinger and sell it. Proceeds from the Stinger are going to go toward a 1984(when they started rating outboards at the prop?)or newer 85-90hp motor.

If all the wheeling and dealing goes well.....I'll end up with the CMC trim and a newer motor without spending a penny out of pocket.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yup! The profits from the Nymph are paying for the Stinger 75hp with CMC TNT. The CMC is going on the SS. I'm going to find a lower unit for the Stinger and sell it. Proceeds from the Stinger are going to go toward a 1984(when they started rating outboards at the prop?)or newer 85-90hp motor.

If all the wheeling and dealing goes well.....I'll end up with the CMC trim and a newer motor without spending a penny out of pocket

And maybe you'll find a newer motor with TnT and make $350+ selling the CMC. :D

BonairII

Commander

I like the CMC(over an oem unit) cause it will fit any motor I may buy in the future. But I def would consider selling it if I found the right motor with good TNT.