The Official Post a pix of Your Sea Nymph Forum

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: The Official Sea Nymph Forum for seanymph Boat Owners

Additionally, I just received my replacement data plate from Lowe Boats. Cost was $40.00 for the research and new metal plate. If anyone is interested, you may contact Evan Caltron, the compliance & certification manager at Lowe. His email is: evan.caltron@lowe.com. A scanned photo is attached.
View attachment 227378
PM your way Wayne:
Might need to edit the email address, when I emailed Evan, at that address, this was the automated reply:
Your message:

Subject: Sea Nymph capacity plate

was not delivered to:

evan.caltron@lowe.com

because:

Error transferring to NOTESSMTP.BRUNSWICK.COM; SMTP Protocol Returned a Permanent Error 550 evan.caltron@lowe.com... No such user
Note that bit at the end ^^^^: No such user

Unless he's changed jobs @Lowe boats or is no longer w/ them....

wayne.zurl

Cadet

My typo there. Blame my fat fingers & thanks for catching the error. Correct email for Evan Catron is: evan.catron@lowe.com (no L in there--sorry folks) A phone numer for him is 417-532-8940. He's a very nice young man.

hi just dug out my '90 sea nymph backtroller bt162 to get her back on the water and found this forum, I've never even seen another sea nymph around here let alone knew there was a page full of other people who had them so i figured id put up some pictures and see if anybody else has the same model since i cant find much on it ,I'm having trouble uploading them but I'll try to get better ones in afew days since she's getting new power this weekend

boat 1.jpg

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

:welcome: to iboats. Look forward to seeing more pic of your SN.

Ellros

Recruit
I may be acquiring my dad's old Sea Nymph this year or next, and have a question about the approximate towing weight. It's an '88 or '89 16 foot Fishing Machine (FM 161-166 or something like that). Would anyone have an idea what the approximate towing weight would be for the boat, typical trailer for such and a 40hp Evinrude (I think, might be a Mercury)? We are wondering if one of our cars will handle it for the local lakes, or if we'll need to invest in something a bit bigger. I'm guessing it can't be much more than 1200lbs. Parent's used to tow it from Omaha, NE to Branson, MO with a 6cyl Buick sedan and 6cyl station wagon several times times a year, not to mention to all the local lakes within 25 miles. Thanks!

FM161

Recruit
Hey Ellros,

I hesitate to answer when you are not sure exactly what you have, but it sounds close to my boat although mine is a '90. If it is in fact an FM161 or FM160 any vehicle rated for a 2000 lb towing weight will work. I really wouldn't feel comfortable with anything less.

Mark

panfishman

Recruit
Hello all, I just acquired a Sea Nymph FM160BL and it's a project boat to say the least. It sat outside in Ohio for quite a few years. Needless to say that all the wood and carpet is trashed. I'm really looking forward to restoring this boat to its original form! The windshield on the console is broke, and I want to know if I can get a new one. I have never restored a boat before, but I've owned boats all my life and I'm an avid fisherman. What kind of wood and carpet should I use and where can I get it? Pictures to come today!

blyons50

Recruit
Hi,
This looks like the place. I have a GLS 195 Sea Nymph. It is a walk thru windshield 19' boat built in 1994 or 5 is my guess. Anyhow, I think the foam under my aluminum flooring sheet (it is not plywood) is water logged and is causing my transom to be low in the water. The transom drains are almost even with the water line. I could live with it but if I ever opt for a larger outboard engine, I'd be in not a good spot. Has anyone had any experience addressing this. I am thinking the foam is saturated and I need to remove and replace with ????... Anyhow I am wide open to the subject and look forward to any correspondence.

Regards,

Bob Lyons

Watermann

:welcome: aboard Bob.

Yeah when good foam turns bad, becomes over weight and soggy. Drop by a scale to verify your thoughts or remove a deck plate / hatch and take a core sample of the foam. Just so you know before going in. Ya know we here at the iboats forums sure do like photos of boats!

fizzylipton

Recruit
Hello all, new user here and new Sea Nymph owner of a 1987 Fishing Machine with a 1987 9.9 Evenrude. I am a kayak fisherman but a month ago my little 13 yr old said she wanted to go fishing with me so I sold everything, kayak and canoe and got this boat. I love it. The motor needs some carb work but other then that the little boat is perfect. Might I ask anyone that might help me a question please. I see on stock pictures that the seats are mounted on a piece of metal that runs in a front metal groove attached to the front of the metal seat. I can only guess the seat attaches to that with some sort of angle to hold it in place and be able to slide the length of the metal bench seat. When I purchased the boat it came with brand new bass master seats with the "tighten" type john boat mounts .... It'll work somewhat but I would love to know where I might acquire a pair of stock parts to work with the stock seating system. Anyone know per chance? I thought of making a custom bracket but would much rather have the stock ones. TYVM in advance for any help you might be able to give. ~fish on!

Chad

Watermann

:welcome: to iboats Chad

I'm not sure SN has a special type seat bracket, it my be these your seeing.

wd70_2.jpg
Wise Sure-Mount Seat Brackets

Last edited:

Kwjacks

Recruit
photo 1.JPG To Chad/FizzyLipton,

See my previous post. I have pictures of the factory brackets. But I have yet to find a place to buy the OEM seats. If you do, please post.

Kevin

Last edited:

strutter2007

Cadet
Just purchased this Sea Nymph 12' boat. Was wondering if anyone could help me identify the year and model from th HIN number? (SEAGO863M80J) I believe the 8o in the number is maybe the year. Was wondering not only if that was correct but what the other letters may stand for too?
I also wanna add a deck back to the end of the middle bench. If anyone has any suggestions or recomendations as to how to do this i would love to hear from you. Love this forum and all the great knowledgeable people on it. Any help with either would be gratefully appreciated. Here is a pic the day i picked it up. Has been well taken care of.

john boat.jpg

Attachments

• john boat.jpg
    john boat.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2

Watermann

To Chad/FizzyLipton,

See my previous post. I have pictures of the factory brackets. But I have yet to find a place to buy the OEM seats. If you do, please post.

Kevin

No OEM seats but guys are able to get the logos to add to their seats, I've seen them on a few of the resto threads here. A member posts in my SN thread did it with his SN, Train is his name if you want to look.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Just purchased this Sea Nymph 12' boat. Was wondering if anyone could help me identify the year and model from th HIN number? (SEAGO863M80J) I believe the 80 in the number is maybe the year. Was wondering not only if that was correct but what the other letters may stand for too?

Yes you are corrrect, it's a 1980 Sea Nymph, made in May 1980:
SEAGO863M80J is of the standard HIN type called Model-Year HIN. If you are buying this boat/craft then you should get the boat history. [h=3]Our HIN Decoder breaks down the Hull identification number into the following information:[/h]
The HIN or CIN you have entered meets the Model-Year HIN format. It might also be a type that contains the country code and thus the boat comes from USA or Other . The serial number of the HIN is GO863 and is set by the boat builder. This boat or vessel has a Certification Date of (80) and a Model Year of 80 with month of build (May) based on the formatting of your hull_identification_number (HIN) .​
The manufacturer identification code (MIC) of your craft identification number (CIN or HIN) is SEA. This MIC (SEA) stands for the company name Sea State Marine which is currently In Business. This boat manufacturer has other company names (SEA sometimes goes by these name(s) Sea Nymph Inc (oob), Sea Ray Corp (oob), Sea Nymph Boats (oob), or Eldo Craft (oob).​
This company (Sea State Marine) is owned by David Kreutz and is located at 1578 S MASON RD in TOWN AND COUNTRY state of MO. It manufactured this vessel and placed you HIN or CIN on the hull. The Parent Company for this boat maker is (). Sea State Marine has started making boats, yachts and other watercraft as of 03/07/2013 0:00.​
Make sure to compare the date of boat manufacturing with the dates in which the company was actually in business.​
The US Coast guard provides this comment about this watercraft manufacturer: Other Plant: Po Box 508, Woodland, Ca 95695 Was Associated With (eld) 7/86 - Actually Purchased Co (sea) Used On Eldo Craft Boat Per Fl - See (eld). 6/91 Sea Nymph To Now Use (omcs). 03/09/2001 All Omc Boat Companies Sold To Genmar Industries. Sea Nymph Boat Production Will Be Moved To The Lowe Factory In Lebanon Mo And Sold Under The Lowe Brand. See Glc. 05/10/2001 Lowe Aluminum Boats (sea Nymph) Sold To Godfrey Conveyor Inc. See Gdy And Syr..​

sdanville

Cadet
I have two sea nymphs in my stable. Both 14 foot . have owned others. One is a 1980. the other unknown. Pre 1981. Some call this model 14R.
I believe after 1981 there was the R K and M . I read R is Rough Water. i tried and failed to up load photos.

Kwjacks

Recruit
Thanks Watermann! I'll check them out. Hopefully the Wise Sure Mount seat brackets will work.

panfishman

Recruit
I bought my 1st SN this summer, 1981 Fishing Machine 160. It's getting all new wood, carpet and seats. I just got done gutting all of the old floor and some of the foam under it. I also removed all of the foam that filled 2 compartments in the back so that I could remove the rotted floor under it. The foam was still wet and the boat has been stored in my pole barn since July. I can't wait to get this boat in the water and go fishing, but I want to restore it to better than its original shape. How do I post pictures on here?

panfishman

Recruit
Can someone explain how to upload photos on here. I would like put photos of my SN as I restore it.