The Official Post a pix of Your Sea Nymph Forum

191Seanymphstriper

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello! My name is Ed And I thought it would be cool to start a Thread for people who own sea nymph boats here on Iboats.com . Here you can post up what kind of seanymph you own or owned. You Can post pictures, Ask questions about your sea nymph or other seanymph boats . You can also post up pictures of any old broshures of any and all sea nymph boats and models that you may have lieing around. Anything seanymph here goes and is allowed! :D

191Seanymphstriper

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: The Official Sea Nymph Forum for seanymph Boat Owners

Ever since I have owned a 14 ft 141 FM Sea nymph I fell in love with the way sea nymph boats where built and designed.

I liked the way sea nymph boats all had higher sides and higher transoms even down to the smallest tinnys

My first Seanymph was a 1989 141 FM ( Fishing Machine ) Even though it was in great shape I restored it back to like new factory condition by replacing the floors and painting it. I purchased it for $1900 and it came with a 25 hp yammy oil injected with electric start!

What i know about the boat:

14 and a half feet long floatation under floor side walls and bench seats, Very high transom, Max hp 35

wieght 340 pounds without motor

beam 56 inches

Here are some pictures

The best way I know how to post pictures just so you know is to open a photo bucket account at www.photobucket.com Then upload your photos after opening a free account. Then when you post a reply on this page press the little mountain that says insert image! Then on photobucket when you click on one of your uploaded pictures underneath the picture in photobucket it will say direct link. Copy and paste this link into where it says insert image. (this was for some people who are not very good with computers, Hope it helped some)

217-1.jpg

218-1.jpg

219-1.jpg

220-1.jpg

269-1.jpg

191Seanymphstriper

Petty Officer 1st Class

I then sold her and moved up to a 1982 17 ft sea nymph center console model is 171 sea nymph striper

What I know about the boat is: That there is no built in fuel tank.

The boat without motor is 750 pounds and is 17 and a half feet long with a very large 83 inch beam.

Very high 30 inch side gunnels as well as a very high rear transom back splash.

Live bait well under the center console front seat and dry storage under the foward casting deck and dry storage under the aluminum bench swing back seat. Max H.P is 100 H.P

The one I had came with a 50 H.P merc 3 cycl 2 stroke and it handled very nice.

She was very easy to trailer and I even had her out in the atlantic ocean quite a few times. She performed with a very dry ride. And did not pound that much going over wakes and waves.

This boat is still missed by me to this day! I wish I never sold it!

I repaired the floor and painted it! Other then that she was a pleasure to own and very well planned and designed hull!

378-1.jpg

191Seanymphstriper

Petty Officer 1st Class

I now own a 1987 19 ft sea nymph striper Model 191 Seanymph striper

The boat without motor or equipment is 1050 pounds

The boat is 19 and a half feet long

The boat is 89 inches wide at its widest point in the rear transom

The boat has 33 Inch Side gunnel very deep for this size boat

The max H.P is 140H.P

The boat has a 27 gal built in fuel tank

The boat has room enough for a kicker to be mounted on transom without any extra bracket

Live baitwell underneath front of console seat.

dry storage under foward casting deck

Dry storage under aluminum bench swing back seat.

This boat is not just a bay boat

This is ocean boat ready and capable!

Very dry and handles very well in ruff open water

Here is a link to the boat performing in ruff open water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMt3GgMIDtc

084-3.jpg

086-2.jpg

089-2.jpg

087-2.jpg

088-2.jpg

191Seanymphstriper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well I kicked it off! I hope all you other sea nymph proud owners add to this forum and keep it alive forever so other seanymph owners can have documented info on these boats! Yours Truly 191 SNS:D

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Ifthe Starcraft guys don't get there own forum I don't see how us Sea-Nymph guys wiil since they out number us 10-1 but if it happens I am in.

I have an '81 16'er that I stripped to the hull 2 years ago and rebuilt, changed a couple things around and got it prett much like I want it.

I work in a weld shop and it is a pontoon factory so I have alot of stuff on my boat that didn't come with it, when I got it it had 2 switches, nav lights and bilge pump, now it has bilge, livewell-pump in-pump out-recirulate, Rockford-Fosgate 4 speaker stereo, built in rod holders ect ect.

I ahve to go to work soon but I will try to get pics up later.

191Seanymphstriper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds great! Try to get some pictures up! :D Also if you have a brosure and specs of the boat take pictures or scan the brosure and post those up as well.

jm3382

Cadet

P6280453.jpg
I have a '73 16R utility boat that I've modified for fishing, I'm pushing her with a '58 evinrude 35hp. When I bought the boat it had been sitting for about 20 years and was in need of some tlc. Ended up striping the bottom of the hull completely in order to re-buck the rivets, stop some corrosion issues and apply Gluvit to all the seems. Also painted the bottom with a two-part epoxy called Aquaply M, added security against leaks and future corrosion, seems to be holding up well so far. I then removed some of the bench seats to open up the boat and added a casting deck up front. Thinking of adding a floor this spring for hull strength. she has a bit more flex than I like especially when hitting heavy chop (3 foot plus waves) at high speeds, I added the side rails for support initially but it's not enough. The only problem I have is that previous owner cut the transom down making it a little hairy when fishing in the great lakes,but thats why its got a bilge pump. Awesome fishing boat over all.

Attachments

• P6160451.jpg
    P6160451.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 9
  • P4040329.jpg
    P4040329.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 10
  • P6160450.jpg
    P6160450.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 10
  • P1010296.jpg
    P1010296.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 9

jm3382

Cadet

here's a picture of the evinrude and another shot of the boat

th_P6280454.jpg

Attachments

• P1010302.jpg
    P1010302.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 3

DUBLIN5

Recruit

this is my old sea nymph

image00352.jpg

image00392.jpg

image00402.jpg

image00412.jpg

image00362.jpg

Last edited:

MuskyHunter1

Cadet

Started my fifth boat rehab, this one: "89" Sea Nymph GLS195 Right from the keel, all work done by myself including the upholstery, motor rebuild, gauges, wiring you name it. It's been a fun project, probably the best so far. I'll keep the pics up as I finish. Making this one into a Musky casting machine.
1295532471639.jpg

1295728107186.jpg

LonLB

Petty Officer 1st Class

Started my fifth boat rehab, this one: "89" Sea Nymph GLS195 Right from the keel, all work done by myself including the upholstery, motor rebuild, gauges, wiring you name it. It's been a fun project, probably the best so far. I'll keep the pics up as I finish. Making this one into a Musky casting machine.
View attachment 83724

View attachment 83725

My boat is actually being built for the same thing. It only a 17' boat (170ss). I'm converting it from walkthru to tiller. 65HP Johnson tiller, 50" livewell, built in Musky box, small rear deck....

My thread...http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=454436

I have one following the build-up on tinboats.net too.

MuskyHunter1

Cadet

Interior near complete!

DSC_0083.jpg

clarego

Recruit

hey all i just inquired me a 1989 sea nympth 12' actually dont have it yet i bought it from a dealer and will be picking it up in 2 weeks. anyone know if i can add a floor to the bottom of it ? to stand i dont want to go high with the floor i want to be the lowest it can be without affecting anything. it comes with a yahmaha 4 hp and a 30 # minkota electric i want to go light as possible,stable maybe just one floor between the two seating decks?

MuskyHunter1

Cadet

I don't see any problem with doing that. The biggest concern with any boat is weight, but a piece of 1/2 inch Advantech sheeting wouldn't be to much wieght. You could paint it both sides before installing it, keep the rough side up and it will be a "no slip" surface. If you carpet it, put the smooth side up, carpet adhesives work better on the smooth side.

clarego

Recruit

thanks musky. probably wont happen soon i eager to get her own the water first and money is tight. as im new to the whole boating community as well as boating in general. but i need something to get into the boat and dont want to eat water if i desiced to launch from a pier

clarego

Recruit

my big question to that is will ill be able to stand in it like i said im a newbie at boats. im one of those guys sitting on the shoreline saying to myself i need a boat lol

MuskyHunter1

Cadet

Give it a try, if you can stand in it without the floor it will be a whole lot nicer with it!

Piece715

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I just stumbled across this thread and glad to see someone actually started a Sea Nymph thread. I was beginning to feel alone ;) Well here is my beautiful lil lady. I acquired her about 3 years ago from my grandparents and decided to do a full modern restore. She is a 1986 Sea Nymph Fish n' Ski SS155. She is powered by a 1985 50hp Evinrude model E50BELCO. I currently have a thread on here with tons of pics and progress to date. This should be the year she makes her splash and I can't wait. Here are some before and after shots... check out the thread for more pics.
r.jpgrandom 010.JPG009.jpg006.jpg008.jpg

Piece715

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Here is also some specs on the boat that I could find through research. I contacted Lowe since they bought out Sea Nymph and this is what they sent to me

Mr. Simmons,
Unfortunately we do not have a 1986 Sea Nymph catalog.
We received very little documentation when we bought them out.
However from the 1984 catalog, it lists a SS-155 Fish & Ski.
The capacities should be similar but are not exact, they should be used as a reference only.
Max. Persons- 825lbs or 5 people
Max. Weight- 1250lbs
Max. H.P.- 80
Hull Weight- 615lbs
Remember these are not the specs for your particular boat, however they should be fairly close.

The length is 15.5 feet (hense SS155) aluminum hull