The Official Post a pix of Your Sea Nymph Forum

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Congrats on the "new" SN 14R and welcome to the forum. My 14A gets about 5.5 to 6 mph with an Evinrude 3.3, so you are probably in the ball park of top speed. I can't change or adjust the trim on that motor while I am moving. I don't run my motor much above 2/3 throttle because, like you mentioned, there's very little gain in speed.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Just a reminder:
Probably should have said something earlier:

Guys THIS topic isnt supposed to be lengthy discussion about boat specifics, mods or whatever. If you want your topic to be in the Sea Nymph forum, please start a topic about your boats and discuss them here under the Sea Nymph branded forum.

OR

Start a topic under the restoration forum. Either place is fine. But all together in 1 topic should be avoided.

Having 20 different boat discussions all in the same topic makes the information harder to find, keep track off and catch updates.

The discussion back and forth is great, but please do it in boat specific topics not all in 1 giant long topic.

By all means, post before and after pix or as found/in use pix.

I moved 2 posts into their own topics, and merged a couple posts.

Ok, it's been too quiet on here, where is everybody? I just rebuilt the carbs and took my SN for a test run on the lake, here is a pic I took afterwards.

Hit a top speed of 39.4 mph trimmed out. I am happy with that but am curious what others with the same setup are getting. Mine is a 19' Fish-N-Ski with the Evinrude 90 V4. Not positive on the prop, but I think the guy I purchased the boat from in July said he had an 18 degree pitch prop on it.

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My SN CC191 is stored until April. Glad you got some time in your boat. We could get up to 3ft of snow this weekend. The only boat I took out fishing the past 2 weekends is my 16ft Sears row boat with a 7.5hp Evinrude. Looks like that little boat will be snowed in until April too 😞

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Here is a picture of my 1989 SS 175 Ski & Fish Sea Nymph with a 70hp Evinrude I bought in January of this year..I also have a 4 hp Johnson for it I be using for a kicker..

iJpANS.jpg

ViVFJy.jpg

Great Looking Boat I bought an 88 GLS 175 in October and she used to look just like that I took the front pedastal out took the bow rail off because one side was cracked and slamming all over the place I also put a lounge seat on the port side. and my dash's are not that tall. I have just began a full restoration on mine and look forward to making her great once again. If any one has any fish and kid friendly ideas as far as the lay out goes I am open to suggestions. thanks guys here a re a few pics of my ole girl.

1o3tl4.jpg

343nji1.jpg

spybl5.jpg

25p1poj.jpg

She is Definitely in rough shape when I first got her there was the foam padding still along the rear inside part on the gunnel. and also there was a wooden storage box on each side they were all rotten and falling apart so I scraped them all last summer. I took the steering linkage off to get it replace last week and I noticed some extra play around the outboard checked the mounting bolts yep good and tight so I dug a little deeper......

2qai7pl.jpg

25rkoao.jpg

So the journey begins. Again any suggestions on anything at all please toss them out I appreciate any help I can get.

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class
@ chainboater78, very nice boat.. question for you on your boat do you happen to know what size your fuel tank is? I am asking as I still not sure how big my tank is,I am thinking it is around 15 gallons or bigger,

@ chainboater78, very nice boat.. question for you on your boat do you happen to know what size your fuel tank is? I am asking as I still not sure how big my tank is,I am thinking it is around 15 gallons or bigger,

As far as I know it does not have an on board fuel tank when I bought it the guy had 2 6 gallon tanks and a 12 that ran through an autoblender. Those were included in the sale of the boat. Who knows maybe when I pull the deck up maybe I'll find one, that would be a great surprise.

8z1o5l.jpg

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Yes it would be nice indeed, another question for you what type of bow Nav light does your boat have do you have a pole light or do you have one of the deck flush mount Nav light,mine has one of the pole light that I need to find out why it is not working..It has power to the socket so I thinking it is ether the bulbs are burnt out or I just might replace both the socket and pole light or go with a deck flush mount..

I was watching reports of more snow in the Northeast this morning..........here is what I did yesterday...:D

I was reeling in a very large turtle on my wife's fishing pole when that bass hit my line so my wife grabbed my fishing pole and reeled the bass in. We decided to call it a joint effort. :lol:

My old SN may not be the prettiest thing, but it gets the job done.