The Official Post a pix of Your Sea Nymph Forum

erik1225

Cadet
Todd,

That is the height that it has always been, I have seen other GLSs with similar transom heights. In the photo it is difficult to see the bottom of the transom (keel) as it is painted black, but from top of transom to bottom keel is about 2ft.

Erik

Todd,

That is the height that it has always been, I have seen other GLSs with similar transom heights. In the photo it is difficult to see the bottom of the transom (keel) as it is painted black, but from top of transom to bottom keel is about 2ft.

Erik

I just measured mine. From the keel to the top of the transom is 23 inches.

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok, the black is the reason it looked short. My eyes deceived me once again...

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just got home and measured mine and it is somewhere around 22". The hulls look identical from the side view, and they look identical from the rear after seeing past the "invisible" black paint. Thanks guys!

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Todd,

Erik

How slow can you troll with that 9.9? I just got a 15hp Evinrude but I haven't mounted it yet. I'm wondering if I might have to change to a smaller prop diameter/pitch to maintain the proper RPM range for trolling. The long shaft 15hp motor I bought was half the price of the 9.9 motors so I jumped on it. I'll try trolling with it before I make any changes. Nice looking boat, by the way!

erik1225

Cadet
Todd,

Thanks.
Was out on the local lake this weekend maxed out at 8 mph and down to 1 mph at close to idle.

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Erik,

That's outstanding! I'll post a pic of my 15hp Evinrude when I get home from work. Can't wait to get it mounted on the boat for some trolling.

erik1225

Cadet
Todd,

Looking forward to the pics.
Will be heading to Lake Ontario with my son in a couple of weeks for Salmon fishing.

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Erik,

That will be a lot of fun. What city are you fishing out of? I'm taking a charter out of Henderson Harbor in August. I'll have a friend visiting from out of state. Are you doing a charter or using your own boat? Since I just got my Sea Nymph, and only had it out once, I might not fish with it on Lake Ontario this year. It needs some electrical work first, such as a new bilge, a working marine radio, a better fish finder with gps, and a thorough re-routing of all the wiring back by the transom.

Here's that 1992 motor I bought. It has the wires for charging a battery but it is rope start. I also ordered a converging ring for the back of the prop.
15hp.jpg

Last edited:

erik1225

Cadet
Todd,

Motor looks in good shape, best of luck in attaching it to your boat. I wish my 9.9 had a charging circuit.

My son and I taking the boat up to Mexico between Pulaski and Oswego, the South East corner of the lake. We did this a couple of years ago, it was a great time.

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Erik,

I ordered an owners manual for the kicker motor and read it yesterday. Now I see that the wires could be a charging system OR used to run lights. I'll have to ask someone more qualified what those wires are really for.

I've fished out of Pulaski twice on a charter. There's some good fishing there. We put in today at Chaumont Bay and knew it would be rough by the size of the white caps, 2-3 ft chop, but the CC191 handled it great. We didn't fish because of the conditions, but we are still testing the boat and all its systems before we get too far from shore. So far I need a bilge pump, a marine radio and pump for the aerator/livewell. The motors run great but the fuel guage hasn't moved. It stays between full and 3/4, so I hope the fuel guage is working properly.

lithail

Recruit
Here Is a SeaNymph I just picked up and started to fix up. I am not restoring it back to original. But will be repairing everything. The previous owner replaced the floor and it is still solid. But the rest of the seat backs and panels are rotten. I will be using the current seats but replacing the backs.

The boat and engine are both 1980. the engine is a 85 Evinrude V4. I am a marine mechanic and this was 1 of my customers boats. The previous owners bought it new in 1980 :).

So that makes me the second owner. LOL

image2.JPG baot2.JPG image3.JPG boat3.JPG boat.JPG image1.JPG

erik1225

Cadet
Best of luck with that restore. Should look great after it is complete. Keep us updated with pictures.

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Congrats Lithail! Sounds like she's in good hands now. What model is she?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Great find you got there! Please start a resto thread on her so we can follow along.

fantm2flyer

Recruit
Hi, I just joined this forum, and hope that I'm posting these questions the right way. On all the car forums I belong to, there's a "New Post" icon, but I couldn't find that on this forum. Anyway, I just recently bought an '86 Sea Nymph Bass Attacker with a 50 hp Evinrude motor, and plan to restore it to as close to new condition as I can. I've gotten all the old wood out (which was nothing more than OSB) and cut out new wood panels from marine grade plywood. Waiting on carpet for now.
My first question has to do with the engine. The previous owner didn't think the VRO system was working so he just started mixing his fuel with oil in the tank and running it like that. While browsing around this forum, I came across some threads on converting a VRO fuel pump to a non-VRO pump. That got me to wondering if that's what I need to do as well. Does it hurt to simply mix the fuel/oil in the tank and run like that or is it necessary to change the pump?

Second question--does anyone know where I can get the correct decals for this boat? I've done some Google searches and haven't come up with any yet.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or advice.
Bob

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Welcome to the forum, Bob! There are some good discussions in the regular forum here that talks about Evinrude and Johnson motors. This Sea Nymph forum is good but its not monitored as much as the main forum. We all like pictures, and there is a restoration section as well. I've read from other forum members that they just run pre-mixed 50:1 if they suspect a faulty VRO. Others have made some repairs. There seems to be more than one right answer...

Congrats on the "new" Sea Nymph and may you get many more great years out of her.

fantm2flyer

Recruit
Thanks for the info, Todd. After posting my question, I checked my email and had one telling me how and where to post for different things. I got a couple of responses on the engine forum. Thanks again for your reply.