The Official Post a pix of Your Sea Nymph Forum

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The new Etec looks great! She should run awesome with the new power. :thumb:

I have high hopes for it, I think the new E-Tec will put about 1-1/2 times the HP to the prop as the old one.

I am also very pleased with the job done on the transom replacement.

Took it for a short test run Friday, but it was too windy to try for top speed. It sure starts easy, runs quiet and is smooth as butter.......and then about 3/4 throttle the afterburners kick in. It will jump from 4 mph to on plane and over 30 mph in about 3 seconds.....then I had to back off the throttle because I was in a 25 mph zone.

Here is an on the water pic from Friday.

Took it out fishing with my wife and oldest daughter yesterday. Motor ran great. New trolling motor worked great. About 10 minutes after we arrived at our chosen fishing spot the bilge pump kicked on.......I looked in the bilge and found this: :faint2:

Those bolts are from the swim platform/boarding ladder that was removed and reinstalled during the transom repair. We cut the fishing short (immediately) and headed back to the boat ramp. The SN is now back at the Evinrude dealer so they can repair it properly this time.

Watermann

That is some seriously shoddy attention to detail and quite the leak, yeah they need to make good on that.

someone11

Petty Officer 1st Class
Cant believe I didnt post this when I got. Picked this beauty up in August of 2015. So last year was really my first full season with it. Been a great fishing boat for the big lake and a fun boat for cruising around in on a hot day. Couldnt pass it up for $3500. Does need a new flooring which im hoping to do this spring or summer. 1984 i believe, GLS 195, has a 1985? 90 horse johnson and i put my 15 horse mariner on it for a kicker

someone11

Petty Officer 1st Class
Funny that TheFish put a 115 etech on his, thats the EXACT motor I want to put on mine lol, 90 is good but id like to go a little faster, i run constant 30mph with the 90 and just below full throttle, id like a little more for getting to the fishing spot a little quicker. Going 10+ miles out takes some time.

erik1225

Cadet
Someone11,

Great looking boat, I have the same GLS195, 1989 version, put a Merc Optimax 115 on it and cruise at 25, full out she touches 42. It is great boat for the Delaware Bay and plan on expanding to do some ocean fishing. In the Lake near me it is nice to tool around using my 9.9 kicker.

Funny that TheFish put a 115 etech on his, thats the EXACT motor I want to put on mine lol, 90 is good but id like to go a little faster, i run constant 30mph with the 90 and just below full throttle, id like a little more for getting to the fishing spot a little quicker. Going 10+ miles out takes some time.

I was considering putting the 135 H.O. on it instead.....but was afraid it might get a little too squirrely since the 135 H.O. E-Tec is actually a 150....that and it was about $2K more. Going fishing tomorrow, hope to see if I have a new top speed. It may not have a higher top speed with the prop that is on it, but it definitely has a better hole shot than it did. Should do better pulling the 3-man tube with my kids on it. I did get it up to 38 mph last Friday during the initial test run, but was battling about a 15-20 kt headwind.....and had not discovered yet that the boarding ladder bolt was leaking and the bilge was full of water.....probably why I couldn't get it to trim out to my liking.
Top speed with the old 90 was 39 mph and change.

someone11

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was considering putting the 135 H.O. on it instead.....but was afraid it might get a little too squirrely since the 135 H.O. E-Tec is actually a 150....that and it was about $2K more. Going fishing tomorrow, hope to see if I have a new top speed. It may not have a higher top speed with the prop that is on it, but it definitely has a better hole shot than it did. Should do better pulling the 3-man tube with my kids on it. I did get it up to 38 mph last Friday during the initial test run, but was battling about a 15-20 kt headwind.....and had not discovered yet that the boarding ladder bolt was leaking and the bilge was full of water.....probably why I couldn't get it to trim out to my liking.
Top speed with the old 90 was 39 mph and change.

I top out at 33/34mph with my old 90 horse johnson, thats with one extra person, fishing gear, and kicker motor. Be nice to cruise at 35/40

Took the SN out on the St. Johns river Memorial Day. Put the kids on the tube and went trolling for gators up to Hontoon Island State Park and back.

The no wake manatee zone by Blue Springs got a little boring for the kids. :lol:

Watermann

Looks like a great time on the water, you catch any gators? :lol:

Well.....came a lot closer than I wanted to. Near the end of the no wake zone I saw ahead of the boat what looked like a log floating in the water and steered around it. As we got closer I realized it was a gator....at least a 10 footer.....and unlike most gators, he didn't seem to care the boat was headed his way. Then he saw the floating snack bar I was pulling and definitely took interest. At that point I decided the manatees were on their own and definitely created wake clearing the area. The kids never saw the gator thankfully.

Waterglide

Recruit
Hello sea nymph's, just bought my first nymph today. Too good of a deal to pass up, overall in pretty good shape had a few leaky rivets that I already bucked when I got her home. I have a few questions for you guys that are experienced with them.
1. Which model do I have ? It's just over 16 feet with a 6'10" beam. Dual console. See pics.
2. I have a brand new motorguide X3 45lb 45" shaft bow mount, I'm not sure if it's long enough? I don't know where the water line is on the bow? Can't really find any info on what shaft lengths are used. Any help greatly appreciated!
3. The aluminum part of the rub rail forward of the starboard console took a good wack and has a deep gouge in it , I've tried googling it, looked at other places that sell rubrail but no luck , any thoughts how to fix this?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Waterglide, start a topic about your SeaNymph and ask these questions there

Waterglide

Recruit
Looks great, wondering if you could tell me what shaft lenght u have on you 175, I have a brand new X3 with a 45" shaft I'm not sure if it's long enough? I have a 1982 ss175 thx.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Looks great, wondering if you could tell me what shaft lenght u have on you 175, I have a brand new X3 with a 45" shaft I'm not sure if it's long enough? I have a 1982 ss175 thx.
Sorry for the late reply back to you.. I been doing a lot of fishing and have not spend much time on the computer.. I have a 60 inch shaft on my trolling motor,I wanted to make sure it was long enough and to have a little extra for those days it is windy out.