The Official Post a pix of Your Sea Nymph Forum

1990GLS-19

Recruit
All,
I just went through the helm wiring to clean up the mess left from previous owners.
20A fuses and butt splices!!
Wanted to share that I do have wiring diagrams that I could post if it would help anyone.
The models covered are the GLS155,175 and 195. Drawings are dated 2/9/89

edhackem

Cadet
Here's mine--GLS195. It's an 89 with a Johnson 70hp VRO and an 01 Evinrude 9.9 4 stroke kicker. Has all the bell s and whistles--downriggers, board mast and planers, GPS/sonar by Lowrance, MinnKota troller with CoPilot. Used primarily on the Allegheny River in W PA, but am looking to get it on Erie for an outing or 2. P1010001.JPG

I have been looking for a 20-25hp kicker as an emergency backup for my Evinrude 90 V4. I couldn't believe my luck when I ran across this '87 Evinrude 28 SPL longshaft on Craigslist for $150.

It supposedly even runs, but I have not had the opportunity to test it yet. I figured at that price it was worth the gamble.

Mnfishman

Recruit
No Title

The before and after pictures. Restored by a really talented guy in MN. He will write up some facts in the coming weeks. The boat is perfect and runs great! Catches fish too...

Attachments

• photo248155.jpeg
    photo248155.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 9
  • photo248159.JPG
    photo248159.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 9
  • photo248160.JPG
    photo248160.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 9

lowtech

Recruit
Nymph 1.jpg

My 95 FM 161, has a 50 hp that runs good. Picked it up a couple months ago for 3500. Still has the original troller, and fish finders on it. just bought a set of Lowrance Hook-5's and 54# Watersnake for it (price was right).

rirory

Seaman
hello folks,

what years did SEA NYMPH put aluminum floors in their top end boats like GLS series.---I think it was mid 90's

I have a 1985 16.5 ' fish n ski I turned into a side console trolling machine--I am looking to do the same with a gls 195 or striper 195

thanks coach

HammerTime96

Cadet
hello folks,

what years did SEA NYMPH put aluminum floors in their top end boats like GLS series.---I think it was mid 90's

I have a 1985 16.5 ' fish n ski I turned into a side console trolling machine--I am looking to do the same with a gls 195 or striper 195

thanks coach

I have a 1996 165 SS, Mine has an aluminum floor

My SN got some new toys: A Humminbird Helix 7 SI Chirp GPS G2 and a Standard Horizon GX1700 VHF DSC GPS with a Shakespeare 5225-XT 8' antenna.
I also have on order from Bass Pro a Minn Kota Riptide Ulterra with i-Pilot Link. :D

Once I get the Riptide and my backup kicker installed I will be ready for a trip to the Florida Keys.

I got my new Minn Kota Riptide Ulterra installed.........

But before I could use it, my 30 year old Evinrude V4 90 developed a overheating problem. Apparently a previous owner neglected to flush the motor after use in salt water and the diverters in the engine block are corroded.....and the bolts are seized.....

Time to repower! :D My Sea Nymph is at the Evinrude dealer now getting the transom redone and this installed:

Evinrude is running a special: If I purchase before March 31st I get a 10 year parts and labor warranty. :joyous:

The 115 E-Tec is actually a de-rated 130 that peaks at 128hp at WOT. My old 90 with a beat up aluminum prop pushed my SN a little over 39mph, I can't wait to see what the 115 with a SS prop will do! Since my SN is rated up to a 140hp I was tempted to go with the 135 HO, which is actually a 150.....but I decided that would likely be scary fast.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Whoa, that's seriously nice looking motor, I like those etec Rudes. :thumb:

Thanks! I am excited and can't wait to get it on the water. The old Evinrude served me well until the previous owner's lack of proper care caught up to it and that certainly influenced my decision......but I just could not pass up that 10 year warranty offer. And here is a bonus: Florida law requires that they waive the $50 deductible that normally applies to repairs. :D All of the new toys are worth considerably more than the boat is.....but the hull is sound and the set-up meets my needs perfectly, so why not re-power it? The transom wasn't too bad, there was only a little flex to it, but I decided that during a re-power was the best time to take care of it....especially since the new motor is going to be kicking it significantly harder than the old one did.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Be sure to post up some on the water pics of your SN with the new power.

I will for sure, but it may be a couple of weeks yet. They were backlogged with other boats and said it would likely take a couple of weeks. I dropped it off Saturday.

Be sure to post up some on the water pics of your SN with the new power.

Just picked up my SN from the Evinrude dealer. Too windy today to get some on the water pics, but in the meantime here are some on the trailer pics. :joyous:
Hopefully the winds will die down enough tomorrow to get some on the water pics. Along with the new motor, my SN got a new transom, new steering and new controls.