1990 gls 195 live well problem

peterja

Recruit
My Sea Nymph 1990 gls 195 has two livewells and both do not bring water to the live well. Can anyone tell me where the pump is located and how difficult it would be to change it.

Thanks

Last edited:

peterja

Recruit
Re: Sea Nymph 1990 gls 195 live well problem

Re: Sea Nymph 1990 gls 195 live well problem

My Sea Nymph 1990 gls 195 has two livewells and both do not bring water to the live well. Can anyone tell me where the pump is located and how difficult it would be to change it.

Dyanosko

Recruit
Re: 1990 gls 195 live well problem

I just went through the same problem. The pump is in the bilge area. You will see it on the right side under the oil injection tank. When you install the new one ($30.00) leave about 1" of the stub thicking out so that you can hook up a bucket of antifreeze when you winterize your boat.

Another thought... if the pump is running when you turn on the switch and you don't get any water then maybe the valves are turned off in the well.

Good Luck

Dave Y

peterja

Recruit

I just went through the same problem. The pump is in the bilge area. You will see it on the right side under the oil injection tank. When you install the new one ($30.00) leave about 1" of the stub thicking out so that you can hook up a bucket of antifreeze when you winterize your boat.

Another thought... if the pump is running when you turn on the switch and you don't get any water then maybe the valves are turned off in the well.

Good Luck

Dave Y

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a new aerator also what is the make and model used in the GLS 19. Thanks

BruceDeuce

Seaman

Can someone tell me if the accessory switch runs the livewell? Theres no other switch.

TRICKE4797

Recruit

I need to replace the live well drain hose in my 1990 GLS195. The existing hose is clear plastic with black spiral reinforcement. It's very hard and brittle. I was trying to repair a leak and it broke in several places when I tried to move it. Has anyone replaced theirs? I thought I would tie a cord on the old hose, pull it out, then use the cord to pull the new hose into place. I was hoping that I won't need to remove the floor to get the new hose in. Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

appleo

Petty Officer 1st Class
i restored a 1989 gls195 including new floors and carpet
my livewell hoses were leaking
i bought clear vinyl hose from lowes or home depoet and was able to pull it thru the old hose
hence i didint need to remove the gas tank

of course i had to add some pvc fitings to match each end

you could even use a good garden hose if you like...but flow wont be as fast

send message if you want some photos