1989 Sea Nymph fishing Machine FM-161-B

NewT2Screw

Recruit
1989 Sea Nymph fishing Machine FM-161-B

Last year, I bought a 1989 Sea Nymph Fishing Machine FM-161-B from an independent seller. The boat is outfitted with what appears to be the original 25 horsepower Evinrude outboard motor. I recently experienced a breakdown, and need to source some repair parts to service the motor. Unfortunately, the serial number tag is missing. Therefore, I do not know the exact model number of the motor. What I do have is the Hull ID Number (SEA368801889). I'm hopeful that someone could provide me with the model number (or likely model number) of the outboard motor that would have been factory installed on this boat. Also, advice on acquiring and operations and service manual would be great. Any information you could provide to get me on the track to acquire part numbers to repair the unit would be immensely helpful.

Mod EDIT solicitation removed

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

64osby

Admiral
There should be a quarter sized aluminum plug in the powerhead. Kind of looks like a freeze plug. The serial number / model should be on the plug.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I moved this to it's own topic and although it should probably be posted in the Evinrude outboard forum, I'll leave it here for now.

Please see my posted comments in the topic you originally posted this to.

I'd suspect that if the boat is a 1989, and you're fairly sure it's the original motor, then it's likely the motor is a 1989 too.

Google 1989 Evinrude 25hp, or look here:
http://boatinfo.no/lib/library.html

There were 8 25hp models made that year. Half were long shaft and fit 20" +/- transoms, the other half were short shafts for 15" +/- transoms. Other options for that year should help you narrow down which of the 4 models is yours.