Sea Fox Boats

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEADUDE

Cadet
OK,

Some like these boats, some don't. I think if you stay away from the sport series you'll be fine. The pro series seem to be the way to go.
With that said, I'm no expert and can only speak from experience.
I purchased a used 2007 Sea Fox 197CC with a Suzuki DF115 motor last season and this boat has been great so far.
Now, just a note to Sea Fox: I hope your warranty and customer service is improving. You do have some issues there.

Tough, handles well, 19 foot 8 inches makes a great 1st boat, mine came with amazing upgrades (T-top,electronics box, gulf wing enclosure, rocket launchers galore, spreader lights + GPS nav. and fish finder).

Needs:
Trim tabs, time off to get on the water and that's about it.

I'll post more as good times or problems pop up.

Heres a pic

2004304544029854379_rs.jpg

Good Boating,
Whitt

SEADUDE

Cadet
Re: Sea Fox Boats

OK,
Went out for the first time this '08 season just getting back on the water.
No problems. Ran like the day I got her. My Suzuki DF115 didn't skip a beat.
Ran it up the NC waterway for 2 hrs. round trip and didn't even see the gas needle move. I''ll report on my next trip out in May.

JJM.IV

Recruit

I am looking at a 2002 Sea Fox 205 Sportsman, Dual Console, with 2 stroke Merc 150. What do you think? FYI - It appears to be in mint condition but has bottom paint (stored on trailer most of life).

SEADUDE

Cadet
JJM.IV,
I don't know about the 2002 205 Sportsman. You really need to make sure that Merc. is in good condition. I'm sure the boat itself is ok. I'd call some dealers and get their opinions and talk to a mechanic about that Merc. engine.

Good boating.

SEADUDE

Cadet
Sea Fox Boats

Just got back from the coast and it was great!
Took my Seafox out in the Atlantic for the first time and she handled really well. Ran up and down the ICW awhile, then over to Ocean Isle and beached for lunch then brought her in. All on a 1/4 of a tank of gas!!!

Good boating.:cool:

SEADUDE

Cadet
Sea Fox Boats

Went out Oct. 2008 on the ICW to do some fishing.
I had myself and 3 other guys fishing with no problem. Plenty of room!
Boat ran great, we caught some spot and croaker and saw the most dolphin
playing and feeding that I've ever seen around the jettys near Sunset Beach.

Whitt

skipthis

Cadet

I own a 2002 Sea Fox 230 with a 250hp Mercury Outboard.
I love this boat, but it is light in the bow and it does bang some in waves and chop,:( but it comes with all you need to go out and catch the big ones.;)
I don?t get to go out much:( so it is perfect for me and when I see what some boats of the same size cost:eek: compared to what I paid for mine and the fact that I have the pink slip for it:D and not looking at a payment it makes buying gas a little easier.:)

SEADUDE

Cadet

I can definatley tell you more pros than cons from my experience!

-Sure they cost less than some other boats...pro or con?
-Great gas mileage with my Suzuki 115...pro or con?
-Plenty of room for my family plus a few more guest...pro or con?
-Great fishing boat: Lakes, ICW, and Offshore...pro or con?
-Repairs / Maintenance, once a year at most...pro or con?
-No loose parts or broken parts...pro or con?
-Plenty of power...pro or con?
-Customer service not so good. Kind of rude...pro or con?

You decide for yourself the pros and cons.

aeronautic1

Cadet

Okay, I'll mention a couple of cons.

1. Location of the battery and isloator switch. In my 06 197 cc, they are located in the bilge in the back of the boat. This is the lowest part of the boat and first to flood when swamped. The batts sould be located up under the console as they power the VHF; you last line of communication.

2.) Customer service. The factory is less than helpful providing drawings of the electrical and fuel system and would rather you go to a dealer than work on your boat yourself.

3.) Access to the fuel pick up/gauge on the top of the tank. With the fact that people are filling their boats at auto gas stations, there will be problems with the ethanol, there will be problems the fuel tank anti-syphon valve.

4.) No owner manual.

5.) Swim ladder wrung is too short for a 6' adult.

Other than these, I like my Fox.

fjohn

Seaman Apprentice

is the seafox 172 comparable to the bigger seafox boats in build and quality? In considering purchasing a seafox.. should I consider others? price looks pretty good on the used seafox boats. Are the seafox a good, solid boat? it sounds like they are light compared to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.