Scout 170 Costa (Stu Apte)

Slik

Recruit
Just picked up a brand new Scout 170 Costa, Stu Apte Edition. It has a 115 4Stroke Yamaha.

Took it out to give her the maiden voyage and learn the controls, motor trim, electric trim tabs and hydraulic jacking plate.

This thing flies!

Took it out of the water and went to tilt the motor and promptly sheared off the hydraulic tee's off the power steering cylinder.:redface:

Seems the jacking plate had to be raised enough for the fittings to clear.:rolleyes:

It would have been nice to have been clued in to the fact that that was necessary.:mad:

They did tell me not to raise it too high so it didn't hit the poling platform while tilting.

Found out today they are special fittings and can't be found anywhere but the dealer of manufacturer.

So much for fishing this week end.:(

Bummer.

Slik:cool:

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Scout 170 Costa (Stu Apte)

Sorry to hear of your troubles on the first cruise. Sounds like a real nice boat and I imagine it does fly pretty good with the 115!

mmmlamas

Recruit

I think the trim can be limited on that motor. That may be helpful. Ask the dealer.

SSScout

Cadet

I've got an older Scout 172, love it, and want to upgrade to the Costa. Any other feedback on them?

==== Scott

SSScout

Cadet

Anyone have a Costa?

I will also sell my Scout 172, repowered with 90HP Honda 4-stroke, with T-Topless folding T-Top (boat fits in garage!) & Garmin 168 GPS/depthfinder.

What do you think its worth?