Hinging a T-Top

himolocarb

Recruit
Has anyone tried hinging a T-Top to allow the boat to be stored in a normal garage. I'm looking to buy a used 1999 185 CC, but I need to store it indoors.
Also, any comments on using such a boat for Lake Michigan? To be used within 10 miles of home port.

Thanks in advance.

Scout Sport Fish

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Hinging a T-Top

Not exactly sure if thats safe. I just wouldnt want the thought that at any moment it could un hinge while Im under way. Why does it need to be stored indoors? Get a canvas cover for the whole T-Top and console.

juniorbaiter

Recruit

Has anyone tried hinging a T-Top to allow the boat to be stored in a normal garage. I'm looking to buy a used 1999 185 CC, but I need to store it indoors.
Also, any comments on using such a boat for Lake Michigan? To be used within 10 miles of home port.

Thanks in advance.
We do not buy or sell here on the forums.
We do have a classified section for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

sf145

Recruit

I fish Lake Michigan off Milwaukee, Port Washington, and up the Door Peninsula in WI, in a Scout Sportfish 145, and have never had a problem. I don't go out if the wave height exceeds 4 feet, however - it's just not fun. Pick your days, and a Scout will bring you home every time.

mrrobalo

Recruit

IF YOU need a T-top to hinge call around to find a welder that can weld aluminum. I would defentally check out his work before using him. With that said do a search on aluminum tubing suppliers taco,http://tacomarine.com/item--Breakaway-Pins--breakaway+pins.html
These will work well for a T-TOP as I used them on my tower boat (photo boat) so I could trailer it . Any questions find me at ROBALOBATING.com forum and there are pics there of them being done by other members.